LRTimelapse Forum
Very much flicker - Printable Version

+- LRTimelapse Forum (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-general)
+--- Forum: Time lapse video post processing (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-time-lapse-video-post-processing)
+--- Thread: Very much flicker (/Thread-very-much-flicker)

Pages: 1 2

Very much flicker - nikonman05 - 2016-01-01

Hi, I have a sequence of 700 images taken at f11 which have very much flicker. The flickercurve is crazy, but after i draw a reference area in visual preview and do some visual deflicker, the sky is ok. But the foreground, which contain snow slowly changig color due to the reflections from the sky, still have a lot of flicker. I have worked a lot with this sequence, but i canĀ“t get rid of that foreground flicker. What do you suggest Gunter that i can do?

RE: Very much flicker - Gunther - 2016-01-02

If you have different flicker effects , for example foreground "flickering" due to lights of cars passing or reflections, you won't of course be able to remove them too without sacrificing the "real" deflicker of the background. But without knowing the sequence it's hard to say what exactly is going on there.

RE: Very much flicker - nikonman05 - 2016-01-03

Think I will start all over again, and resetting the images in Lightroom. In developmodule, I synced all images back to like they where when imported to disk. But in the upper right corner of all the images there is a exclamation mark, which state: "The metadata for these one or more of these photos has been changed by both Lightroom and another application. Should Lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog?"
Should I do anything here, or just ignore?

RE: Very much flicker - Gunther - 2016-01-04

Just ignore, remove the folder from lightroom, then start over the whole process in LRTimelapse. Do "Metadata/Initialize" once, to start from scratch.

RE: Very much flicker - nikonman05 - 2016-01-04

When working on that sequence again tonight, i just realized that ONLY "Exposure 2012" have been read by the metadata in LRT (the yellow curve) all the hours i have been working with this. NOT the adjustments i did for Contrast, Clarity, Black and Whites!
Can that be the reason for the heavy flicker?
I just dont understand why the parameters have not been read.

Thanks Gunther, "initialize metadata" was the key word here Smile
Could have saved me hours of work if i had known

EDIT: Ok, so now I have started all over again. This time i made a lot of keyframes hoping it will helping. Edited in Lr the Exposure, Whites, Blacks, Contrast and Clarity. Then reloaded into LRT and did the Auto Transition. But only the Exposure and Whites are read by LRT. In your tutorial you can see that all the Lr-adjustments are read in LRT, but not here.

The will all be read, probably they don't differ across the keyframes and thus are not being displayed. You can turn off the tick on "hide unchanged columns" in order to see all values.

Unfortunately my main TL camera D750 broke and i had to send it to repair, so i use a D7200. It seems that D7200 is having much more flickering when stopping down the aperture than D750. I also have used a D810, D610, D300s to TL and none of them seems to flicker that much like D7200.

EDIT: Is there any way i can upload images (screenshots) on a thread like this?

Aperture flicker should be easily removable with LRTimelapse 4's Visual Deflicker, it's not an issue anymore.

Just click on "Reply" then you can attach screenshots at the bottom of the new reply page.

RE: Very much flicker - nikonman05 - 2016-01-05

Ok, thanks a lot. I must have messed up someplaces, but after beginning from scratch several times, I got it right I think Smile
So you can see by the screenshot the flicker before and after deflickering.
(By the way, i tried to insert the screenshot, but get a message that the message is too long. The "Insert an image"-button require an link).
There is still some flickering in the foreground snow, but I have to live with it.