LRTimelapse Forum
Going beyond Lightroom - Printable Version

+- LRTimelapse Forum (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com)
+-- Forum: LRTimelapse 6 (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse-6)
+--- Forum: LRTimelapse - Feature requests (https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Forum-lrtimelapse-feature-requests)
+--- Thread: Going beyond Lightroom (/Thread-going-beyond-lightroom)

Going beyond Lightroom - Lenswork - 2016-04-21

As I am moving away from Lightroom to Capture One Pro for my photo editing, it would be nice to have LRTimelapse work with Capture One Pro as well so I can do the same with my time lapse sequences. 

Lightroom has become a real snail when it comes to performance, and Capture One Pro is not only faster, but it also does a better job processing RAW files.

RE: Going beyond Lightroom - Gunther - 2016-04-23

C1 is a niche that I won't be supporting soon. As a one man developer I cannot afford to spend the time it would take to support another platform, I'm really sorry. Adobe has established an open standard when it comes to the XMP-interface and it's one of the best RAW converters available for a very reasonable price. The performance it not a big problem, if you do first the LRT/LR work on a couple of sequences and then export multiple sequences over night from Lightroom in parallel.

RE: Going beyond Lightroom - Lenswork - 2016-04-23

Thanks for the reply. It was I expected to hear, but thought I might put a bug in your ear as more photographers I know are considering CP1 as an alternative to LR... mostly for two reasons: 1) LR CC has become a slog when it comes to performance on every level, not just sequence output (but, I have noticed that that has become slower), and 2) LR is at best the third best RAW converter at this point behind CP1 and Irradiant Developer - especially for Fuji RAW files, but also for all RAW files.

RE: Going beyond Lightroom - Lenswork - 2016-04-23

It is very likely in the near future, I will only be using LR for time lapse sequences so that I can use it with LRT and CP1 for all my still photography.

RE: Going beyond Lightroom - goodwin - 2017-03-23

I am shooting Phase One IQ3 100mp and use C1. Only use LR for LRtimelapse. Would really like a C1timelapse. I do understand the time to support another platform. However, Phase One is really promoting C1 and it is coming more mainstream.

RE: Going beyond Lightroom - Gunther - 2017-03-24

I've had contact with Phase One, but currently the do not offer an XMP interface like it would be needed to interact with the software.

RE: Going beyond Lightroom - olihar - 2017-03-30

It is very true Adobe products have become slower and slower after each release, same goes for almost all other Adobe products.

RE: Going beyond Lightroom - ymeijdam - 2017-10-23

Hi guys, just want to let you know I'm still interested in a workflow with Capture One and Lrtimelapse (or C1timelapse as it would probably be called). It is true that the raw processing is done much nicer in C1 than Lr..

RE: Going beyond Lightroom - fraserh - 2017-11-10

+ one for C1timelapse