• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Is a 'bulb-ramper' a useful tool to capture day to night time lapses?

#2 JoseAlonsoLeon
Really nice write up of the process and its limitations. I have to agree totally on what you wrote and thank you for posting it. I had installed Magic Lantern on my 5DMKII because of the many features it adds to the camera and have been using several of them on a daily manner, built in Intervalometer, HDR bracketing without the 3 bracket limit, ISO changes in ramping (not bulb ramping) or 5 bracket HDR ISO change and so on. But quite frankly I never made the jump to Bulb Ramping with it because it never passed the tests I made at home and every time I went out to shoot a night scene I was never comfortable enough to trust the functionality and trust that my sequence would come out perfect. Which is why I never used it really.

I could not put the words all in a straight phrase to explain my doubts but you have done it marvelously.

I am very happy with the Holy Grail method which I also use for none Day to Night transitions but for any scene with drastic changes. It's a wonderful tool and out of ten sequences I would say 9,5 of mine all pass thru LRTimelapse. I hardly do any TL sequence without it.

By the way If you need help for translations in the future, I'll be glad to help you in English, French or Spanish.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is a 'bulb-ramper' a useful tool to capture day to night time lapses? - by JoseAlonsoLeon - 2013-01-17, 18:20

...also check out: