• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Is a 'bulb-ramper' a useful tool to capture day to night time lapses?

#6 BillinNM
Greetings -

My first posting here...

I'm a long-time still photographer and a new and enthusiastic timelapse maker and user of LRT. I have had some good success, including some Holy Grail transitions that have worked quite well. I am very impressed with LRT and its capabilities (thank you, Gunther!!).

I have generally been making my Holy Grail sequence exposure adjustments in 1-stop steps. I am curious ... for those of you that are using 1/3-stop steps, do you find that LRT is generally able to correctly identify those small steps and mark the correct corresponding keyframes? I am interested in trying this approach, which will no-doubt maintain a more optimal exposure level throughout the sequence, thereby requiring less exposure adjustment in LightRoom, although admittedly 3X the number of keyframe pairs to edit.

Looking forward to the arrival of my eMotimo TB3-Black to get things moving ... this TL stuff can be addictive, I am discovering!! :-)

Thanks, Bill

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is a 'bulb-ramper' a useful tool to capture day to night time lapses? - by BillinNM - 2013-01-19, 22:37

...also check out: