• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't switch to develop module in LR

#1 RodgerC
Sir, I just purchased your book and was going thru your tutorial on the work flow, and I imported my images into LR4 and went to try to edit the first image as in your book but I can't get to the Develop Mode after importing the images and selecting the first image for editing. Is that because my images are JPG instead of RAW? I can't do anything to get to the Develop Mode to edit the image. Could you please tell me how to get to the Develop Mode. Sorry, I'm a newbie. Thanks,
Rodger
#2 Gunther
Hi Roger, this sounds strange to me. What do you mean with you can't get to the develop module?

In lightroom you switch to the Develop module by clicking on the second "tab" on the top right, saying "Develop". Now you see the image and normally can edit it with the sliders on the right.

JPG or RAW doesn't matter. Anyway this doesn't seem to be a LRTimelapse topic it rather seems to be a Lightroom-Learning topic... There are a couple of good lightroom tutorials in the web, they might help you with the first steps.

BTW: Could it be that your images are Read-Only? Copied from CD/DVD?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 RodgerC
(2012-08-16, 09:54)gwegner Wrote: Hi Roger, this sounds strange to me. What do you mean with you can't get to the develop module?

In lightroom you switch to the Develop module by clicking on the second "tab" on the top right, saying "Develop". Now you see the image and normally can edit it with the sliders on the right.

JPG or RAW doesn't matter. Anyway this doesn't seem to be a LRTimelapse topic it rather seems to be a Lightroom-Learning topic... There are a couple of good lightroom tutorials in the web, they might help you with the first steps.

BTW: Could it be that your images are Read-Only? Copied from CD/DVD?

Sorry, you are absolutely right. It is a lightroom problem. I've been to the tutorials and still can't figure out how to get to the develop module after importing my video. Sorry, I'm new to all of this and kind of seems to be a steep learning curve as I'm not all that great with a computer. Thanks. OK, I JUST FIGURED IT OUT AND THE VIDEO AFTER EDITING LOOKS GREAT!!!! Thanks for the ebook, it is a tremendous help and I am learning a great deal that will greatly improve my timelapse photography.

...also check out: