• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shorter interval than .4

#1 Catam0unt
Hi Gunther ,
As a long time fan and user first wanted to thank you for being such a pioneer in the domain and for the fantastic software and hardware.

Recently bought a timer and was excited to push the limits of my newish Canon R5.

As I managed to successfully shoot some sequences with my fastest memory card at an interval of .4 without running out of buffer I humbly request the obvious - can you make the shortest interval .1 seconds in a firmware update ? Running magic lantern On my 5diii I’m able to shoot faster than .4 using the “like crazy “ option after 1 second so I know / assume the R5 can shoot faster than .4...

Thanks and best regards Smile
#2 Gunther
0.1 won't work. Shortest with tricks might be 0.2 to 0.3, I'd say 0.3.
You need to tweak the release and AF times in the settings and see what your camera can handle.
Also there is an option in the settings for permanent AF on short intervals, which seem to boost release speed on some Canon cameras wirmth very short intervals. Give it a try,and see what you can achieve.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Catam0unt
Hey Gunther , thanks yes I just read that in the manual this morning before I posted — but still how can I set it to .3 or .2? It doesn’t appear to be an option even in Custom TL menu— maybe I’m missing something ?
#4 Gunther
It will only be possible if release time and AF time are short enough. Those need to fit in the interval + 0.1 safety. .

Sent mobile...
#5 Catam0unt
Ahhh ok so I adjust those and it should become available automatically then I take it ? Will give it a try thanks for the quick replies
#6 Gunther
Yes but you need to see if your camera will still release reliably with shorter settings.

Sent mobile...

...also check out: