• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Partial deflickering (e.g. first part of the sequence, but not the entire sequence?

#1 bick
Hi Gunther,

At first: Great software. It makes my work so much easier.
My question: Is it possible to deflicker only the first part of a HG sequence (before and during sunset), but not the remaining part of the sequence (polarlights, so there is natural flickering which should be untouched)? I could not find a good solution with an animated reference area, because everything is flickering at night with polarlights. For the first part, before and at sunset the deflickering works well. But at the part with the polarlights the deflickering works counterproductively. I could set the deflicker value for each image back to 0 where deflickering is not needed. But I couldn't find a way how to do it for thousends of images at once. Or is there another trick how to do it with an animated reference area?

Thanks in advance
René
#2 Gunther
Hi René, if you have a part of the sequence selected in the table, Deflicker will only be applied to that part.
This should help you solve your task.
Apart from that you can also apply deflicker to the whole sequence, then select the last past and click on "Clear Deflicker" in the toolbar - this will then also clear the deflicker only for the selection.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bick
Hi Gunther,

Got it. Simple solution and it works well. I was not aware about this approach. The first option saves a lot of time when deflickering only some parts of very long sequences. Maybe worth to mention it in a (new/extended) deflicker tutorial ... or I have overlooked it and unfortunately I forgot to save your ebook on my laptop (now I'm in Greenland).

Thanks a lot
René

...also check out: