• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT6.0.3 - Rendering Sequence Sorting By Filename vs Capture Time

#1 lseck
Hi there,

I'm new to LRTimelapse but having an issue we rendering a sequence from the application directly (not using the Lightroom workflow).

The preview plays back my sequence correctly by capture time but on export it renders everything in order by filename. I've tried renaming my sequence to DCS1 to DCS3000 to avoid any issues. When filtering the sequence by filename in LRT the application sorts the files oddly as shown in the attached screenshot below.

It this expected behaviour or a setting that I am missing?

Any help or guidance on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
When sorting by filename LRTimelapse sorts Alphabetically (not numerically). That means the sort order shown in your screenshot is correct.
You need to name the file with leading zeros:
DSC0001.jpg
DSC0002.jpg
DSC0100.jpg
DSC1000.jpg
etc.
There are tools to facilitate that kind of renaming, also Lightroom might be able to rename your files accordingly.
Then you'll get a correct sort order by number.

The question is, why are you using Filename sort and not Date/Time?
If you can, I'd always prefer sorting by Date/Time from the Exif Metadata, which is what in 99% of all timelapse situations is the desired method and LRTimelapse's default also. This avoids such issues.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 lseck
Hi Gunther,

Thanks for the quick reply here.

What I've noticed is that when changing to sort by Date/Time the preview widow shows everything nicely in the correct sequence. However, on export from the application my rendered video seems to be getting rendered out frame by frame according to the Filename sorting.

I've built out my sequence using Premier and AE without any issues so I'm not sure why the frames are being rendered out of LRT in this manner EVEN when I have Date/Time selected in the app and the preview shows everything correctly.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks again!
#4 Gunther
If you export from lightroom, you need to set the sort order on lightroom to date time also.
Please try the renaming of the files as I told you. If your files have correct exif data, you can an just use the F2 rename feature in lrtimelapse to add date/time prefixes which would also fix the filename sort order.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 lseck
Renaming my files with leading zeros via Lightroom has worked. Thanks for the help, have a great Sunday!

...also check out: