• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Loading Sequence from Multiple Folders

#1 jm001
Forgive me if this has already been answered. I've looked through the FAQ and done a search but couldn't find a clear answer. I'm trying to do a long-term sequence. The source files are in a folder that contains folders for each day of the time lapse over 2 years. As you could imagine, this has created just over 700 folders, for each day containing the images from that day. Is there a way to set LRtimelapse to load these sub-directories as a single sequence? Or if anyone has any tips on how to move the files out of each one of the folders into the parent directory in an automated way.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse cannot "join" folders for a timelapse. All images need to be in one folder.
There are multiple easy ways to move all images from different folders to one single folder.
One would be with Lightroom: just import the parent folder of those (RAW TIMELAPSE) into Lightroom, then click on the parent folder, all images of the folders underneath should appear, now you can select and move them to a new folder.

Another way would be Windows Explorer: navigate to the parent folder, use the search box to search for *.NEF or whatever ending your image files have. Now you should get a list of all images in all subfolders. Select all and move them to a new folder where they will be aggregated.

After that you can use the LRTimelapse long term filters on the new folder with all imges. Check out my long term tutorial on https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: