• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom says "no photos found" when importing cr3 files

#1 rayj
Hi there,
Just tried to make a timelapse using the Canon 250d with CR3 files. Everything goes as normal until I try to import the sequence into Lightroom. It just says "no photos found". I tried unticking the no duplicates box but that didnt work. Lrtimelapse still works fine with my 5D IV files so if anyone can shed any light on this I would be most grateful.
#2 Gunther
Do you have the latest Version of Lightroom installed? You need a version that supports those files. If you are on a very old Lightroom, this might be not the case.

Best make sure to have the latest Lightroom Classic, latest Adobe DNG Converter and latest LRTimelapse installed for maximum compatibility.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rayj
Hi Gunther, I am using Lightroom 6...version 6.14. Everything else is up to date and I am usung Lrt 6.5.1.
#4 Gunther
Lightroom 6 is nearly 10 years old and therefore doesn't support the raw files from younger cameras.
Every camera has a different Raw format. This means the Raw converter needs to specifically support that camera. It's logical, that the Raw converter must therefore be younger than the camera.
#5 rayj
I have tried using both the c-RAW and the RAW with no success.
#6 rayj
Is there any work around at all I can do.
#7 rayj
So it looks like I would have to get the subscription version of lightroom for this camera to work or just shoot JPEGS's. Would I be correct in saying this?
#8 Gunther
The best option would be to get Lightroom Classic.
The only other option si, to use the latest DNG converter to convert the CR3 to Dng. Those DNG might be processed by older Lightroom versions then as well. But of course it's a cumbersome additional step which slows down the workflow.
#9 rayj
ok Thanks Gunther...I will give that a go.

...also check out: