• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Prevent white balance change

#1 hamishniven
Hi Gunther

I'm having a great deal of fun with your program, and its doing great things.

I'd love the ability to have two additional controls
  • ability to prevent white balance from being changed by the automation process
  • ability to stop the auto cropping

I've set the defaults in the settings to stop the crop marks, but I cant prevent it from cropping.

Thanks

Hamish
#2 Gunther
Hi Hamish,
just turn of "Set 16:9 crop when initializing sequence" in the settings. Then initialize again. If you wouldn't want to loose your work for existing sequences, just right click on the table header of one of the crop columns and click on "initialize column".
The white balance is being reset by purpose. However you can get your "As Shot" settings back by manually setting the white balance for the keyframes to "As Shot" in Lightroom.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 hamishniven
Thanks for your reply, I will re initalise the sequence.

part 1, is great,
part 2 is very frustrating, as I have to go to the develop mode, check the history to see how I wanted the white balance and then set it accordingly. Also the auto white balance set by LRTimelapse is nothing like the auto from lightroom, neither are what I like.

As this is a feature request thread , I was hoping that maybe you could make a switch to prevent the white balance from being changed in a newer version of LRT?
#4 Gunther
Hi Hamish,
I understood your request. The intended workflow however is different. Normally you should start in LRTimelapse with any fresh sequence, so you don't have any history to go back. It's not that I'm not willing to take feature requests, the problem is, that in LRTimelapse I simly don't know the White-balance. The format in which it's stored in the Exif data by the cameras is different form camera to camera (like the raw files) and it is up to Lightroom to interpret it. So I can only initialize it with a default value.
All the best
Gunther
#5 hamishniven
Thanks for the feedback, I had assumed that the program changed the value of the white balance so my suggestion was to not allow it to change the value.

The current need for doing this is that I am running my sequences of jpegs through LR and LTR the second time to take out any transitions and deflicker that were missed on the 1st run through, that is why I was asking.
It is not difficult to go into develop mode and reset the white balance to "As shot" as you suggested, I will do that.
#6 JohnN
It is not difficult to do but, it is a time consuming step when one is processing 50 to 60 time lapses. If possible it would be good to have the option to have LRTimelapse  ignore white balance information.
#7 Gunther
I think I've found a way to preserve the WB information in the first instance, when bringing the sequence to Lightroom. You can then start editing with the White balance that the camera provides as default value on the keyframes. This will be implemented in 4.7.8.

...also check out: