• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HDR Timelapse Workflow Question

#41 Gunther
You are right, "recalculate flicker for selection" does not work anymore in LRT4 due to the changes I made for the new visual deflicker. I've just forgotten to remove it from the menu, will do in the next update.
If you really want to do HDR time lapse, please use the "Select every nth image" feature and then "New folder from selection" to separate each exposure level to a separate forlder. So that you have -2 ev, 0ev and +2ev or similar in different folders. Then do the regular LRTimelapse deflickering. Use a rather high "smoothing" level.

The best option for "real" HDR processing would be to have LIghtroom 6/CC use it's "Merge to HDR" feature first to create the 16bit HDR DNGs and then just use the regular LRTimelapse workflow. Unfortunately currently Adobe does not allow to create those HDR files in a batch process.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#42 nadersayunjuan@gmail.com
Thanks for your quick response Gunter. 

Have a good day.
#43 ericjforman
In case anyone else is still looking for answers to this, try the LR/Enfuse plugin for Lightroom - although Lightroom now has its own HDR merging tool, it still does not allow batch processing. LR/Enfuse does (and it's free to try, or donate at least €3.5 to unlock). 

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/pr...p?sec=main

First, auto-stack all images in LR using Photo / Auto-Stack by Capture Time, then run the LR/Enfuse plugin selecting the Batch option as per instructions on its website. (Tip: do not select all photos before auto-stacking in LR, for some reason it drastically slows down the operation, and LR looks at all images in the active folder automatically any way, unlike its usual behavior in Library mode.)

The Enfuse plugin does not have a visual preview, however, so you have to try different settings and compare them yourself. Also, the merging algorithms are different than Lightroom's, and Enfuse will look different and is a bit slower, but I like its output better, although the debate is never-ending.
#44 aaronpriest
I still do HDR in LRTimelapse, often for panoramas more than timelapse though. It's a very useful tool to adjust exposure and white balance over time on gigapans with changing light. I prefer to use its "Select every 9th image" feature on the RAW files to get as much as possible out of the RAW data before converting to 16-bit TIFF, then I batch the 16-bit TIFFs with SNS-HDR (Windows only). If I need a second go-around, I'll convert the TIFFs to DNGs for another run through LRTimelapse. I'm very happy with the results.
#45 Gunther
Thanks Aaron for those insights!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: