• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad
#1 michel
Hello everyone
For starters, I'm really really new to Timelapse. I just started it and before I just simply took pictures with my EOS 5D III. ;-) However, I find it really fascinating. But I have a problem. When I export the video through LR4 (I use the standard templates (24fps, 1080p)) the result is like I recorded it with my smartphone. I can't imagine that this can be a real result... or is it because of the templates? Do I have to buy the "professional" ones for really good results?
Here is a link to the original Video in Google Drive, you can download it to watch it.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwjHh9dl...sp=sharing

I also tried out some other presets (templates from another author), but it didn't help. The Quality still is crappy. :-(

I hope, someone can help me out! =)
greets from Switzerland
Michel
#2 Ulli
O.K. - water and clouds needs a lot of bandwidth, but the result appears to bad for 16MBps I think?!?
#3 Gunther
A lot of movement in that sequence, like Ulli said, this takes Bandwith. A ND-Filter helps to smooth out water movement saving bandwith for the important parts and making those sequences visually more appealing.

And yes: the PRO templates definitely offer way more quality.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 michel
Well, the problem is, that I have this problem with all my videos. here another example:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwjHh9dl...sp=sharing
As I viewed the details I saw that the bitrate is 3.07Mbit/s... Might that be the problem?

and by the way: I used 2 LEE Filters (0.9 hard grad and a full 0.9 i think)... ;-)

greets
#5 Ulli
For sure that's the problem - with only about 3MBit/s there's not much data for details ;-)
With pro templates the windows explorer shows me values beteen 80 and 100 Mbit/s.
#6 michel
So the only way to change that would be to buy the pro templates?
#7 Gunther
If you are only exporting with 3mbps I fear you are not even using my free templates. Could it be that you are exporting with the default from Lightroom? In the video export dialog those are he ones with only 720p/1080p in the name. The LRTimelapse templates are those with "LRTimelapse" in the name. They export with 12-16 Mbps.
#8 michel
Well, when exporting I take the Preset "LRTimelapse 24fps" and in the export Dialog I use the "1080p @24fps LRTimelapse (Full HD)". That should be right, shouldn't it?
#9 Ulli
Don't know which version I've installed on this machine, but with 24fps and 1080p UHQ (no pro!!) I get 21916 kBit/s when exporting a few pictures for this test.
#10 Gunther
@Michael: yes, that's right!

...also check out: