• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Which development tools can I safely use in Lightroom / ACR?

#1 Gunther
Nearly all tools of Lightroom are supported for keyframing with a few exceptions:
  • The new LUT looks in LR CC Classic are supported, but of course you can not use different Looks on different keyframes. The look of the first keyframe will get populated to the whole sequence, from 5.0.9 on you can animate the strength of the look.
  • Custom Point Curves are not supported, please use the parametric tone curve instead (however you can use a point curve on the first frame and it will be migrated to all others, you just cannot animate the point curve.)
  • 4 linear + 3 circular masks are supported, they get created by LRTimelapse and appear in the Masks List. Please use those gradients and edit them because other newly created gradients will not be animated. Don't do anything on the "Internal Use" Masks. Also please do not delete any of those gradients don't add any new gradient filters!
  • Clone Stamp, Paint Brush and Filter Brush are only supported on the very first image, those settings will be synced automatically to all other images by LRT. For Paint Brush and Filter Brush, you can animate the Sliders on the other keyframes too, but not the positions and shapes.
  • If you use Brushes, please make sure to make the shapes not too complex because only a certain amount of data can be stored into the XMP files. If you brush too much, this will fail to get stored.
  • "Upright" Perspective Correction is not supported and will not be animated, the settings of the first keyframe will get populated to the whole sequence.
  • Don't use the B+W for Black and White conversion, please use desaturation combined with HSL (if you want) instead.
  • Although it works in LRT, I do not recommend to animate the crop to make any ken-burns effects in LRTimelapse. Learn more here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ken-...rtimelapse
  • If you have big changes in contrast from one image to another (for example people passing directly in front of the camera, headlamps shining in a scene from time to time etc), Lightroom might apply the same develop settings in a different way to those images, introducing a changes in contrast that are hard to remove by deflickering. Watch my video about this effect in order to learn how to deal with it: https://lrtimelapse.com/knowhow/lightroo...t-flicker/
  • Avoid third party plugins, since you don't usually know, if they are using any of the unsupported tools!
    Please see my post about custom presets too:
    http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-may-...-lightroom
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 usmaan
Hey Gunther

About the 3 gradient filters that are supported - for some reason, when I hit 'M' on an initialized image, only 2 gradient filter buttons show up. Any idea why?

Also, if we physically move around the filters on the image, is that alright? LRTimelapse will still be able to animate them across the sequence?

Thanks!
Fan of all things epic & adventurous.
#3 Gunther
Sure, moving, rotating etc. is all fine. I assume you have set a crop and maybe don't see the lower gradient because of that. Try removing the crop, then drag the lower gradient more to the center.
#4 grantkaye
Gunther -

I have a question regarding the graduated filters "exposure" setting. LRT only accepts values of -1 to +1. How does this translate to the slider settings in LR5 of -4 to plus 4? for example, I have a sequence with 110 shots. For the first one I want the grad filter to have an exposure value of -1.68,however LRT shows the value as -0.421 for the first frame where in LR it is set to -1.68. Is there a conversion factor?

Thanks.

(2013-11-10, 14:44)gwegner Wrote: Sure, moving, rotating etc. is all fine. I assume you have set a crop and maybe don't see the lower gradient because of that. Try removing the crop, then drag the lower gradient more to the center.
#5 Gunther
Yes, for the filters there is a range of -1 to 1 that gets scaled to -4 to +4. Don't ask me, why adobe decided to do like that...
#6 kaigradert
Fantastic. Exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks.
#7 Seafunks
Hi Gunther,

If it isn't possible to animate shapes and positions of filter brushes, how do you edit or seperate fore- and background when using a dolly? For Example an illuminated tree in front of the milkyway. Are those shots only edited frame by frame or how do you automize this process?
#8 Gunther
You can animate the position of the graduated or circular filter that holds the filterbrush, that works - but not the shape or position of the brush inside the filter or a single brush.
#9 Seafunks
Okay perfect, I'll try this out! Thanks Gunther!
#10 JWilliams
"You can animate the position of the graduated or circular filter that holds the filterbrush, that works - but not the shape or position of the brush inside the filter or a single brush."

Does this mean if I edit a circular filter using the Erase Brush the effect will move with the filter when animated across the screen? I'm trying to darken certain areas of the Milky Way and have those edited areas track the MW.

...also check out: