• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bug in Lightroom 3.3 when using xmp files

#1 apsphoto
Hi,

There is a bug in Lightroom V3.3, I have run into it several times and sometimes the xmp is not saved into the files when they are "saved" and sometimes they the xmp data is not read into the files using the "read" command. This happens when you have more the 1000 images. I have not found the specific number but every time I have been dealing with more than a 1000 images the xmp is not always saved and almost always it is not read back into lightroom. I have been doing wb changes at the beginning and end of a timelapse sequence and the end results are never read back into lightroom after LRtimelapse has changed them. What I have to do is go back and change and synchronize the last set of frames with a bogus white balance and then go back to lrtimelapse and re-enter the wb transition and resave the xmp files and then go back and read just those xmp files back into lightroom. After that it works.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA. USA
#2 Gunther
Hello Alan,
I can confirm this. I ran several times into this issue, ant that's the main reason for the "there are gaps in your parameters.." dialog.

Normally it is sufficient to rewrite the metadata for the missing files.

If on the other side Lightroom "forgets" to read metatdata from images it's much more difficult to notice. Normally you only see it in the resulting movie, when there are frames without development adjustment.

Let's hope that adobe fixes this issue in one of the next versions.

Thank you for sharing!
best regards
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Gunther
In the next release LRTimelapse will help you to better identify these problems. Unfortunately I cannot fix the Lighroom bug... :-(
#4 apsphoto
Thanks for all the quick repsonses, glad there is a work around but it is annoying. I hope Adobe does fix it. I am going to report it to them.

Alan[/i]
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA. USA
#5 Ben Canales
(2011-03-18, 18:51)gwegner Wrote: Unfortunately I cannot fix the Lighroom bug... :-(

Come on Gunther! We expect you to be able to do everything! Just call up Adobe and tell them to get moving on this! ;-)
#6 Gunther
Since 1.3 LRTimelapse deals very well with missing metadata from lightroom...
#7 SteMar65
(2011-06-27, 13:40)gwegner Wrote: Since 1.3 LRTimelapse deals very well with missing metadata from lightroom...

Confirm. I have often had this problem. Indeed, in the version LR3.3 there are parameters that can be confusing unclear. Maybe there is something in the preferences you can set (now I can not control). I noticed, however, that selecting all the images, if you then use right click -> write-read metadata, it almost always works!
It 'very useful, however, have had confirmation (not yet crazy ...!)
#8 lujmoarf
Hi all,

I faced the same issue with Lightroom 3.6.
Anyone had the same problem with other versions of Lightroom than 3.3 ?

In my case, the temperature field is not imported correctly in Lightroom.

Thanks for the info

Luj

------------------------------------------------------
Photos: MyFlickr
#9 Gunther
You can definitely improve things if you start you workflow in LRTimelapse and let it initialize your XMP properly before doing anything else. The problem with the temperature might be due to the fact, that the metadata isn't properly initialized (wb not on "Custom").
The Lightroom bug that forgets to write some metadata seems to occur in all version, but in my opinion it occurs more often if there are no existing XMP-files. So starting your workflow in LRTimelapse definitely improve things a lot.

...also check out: