• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR Filters won't work after Auto Transition

#1 anna
I updated to LR5 and LRT3 and started to edit several time-lapses using the gradient and radial filter. The workflow was: initialize in LRT-add keyframes-save xmp-import in LR- editing the keyframes using also gradient filters- save xmp-reload in LRT-auto-transition-deflicker if applicable-save xmp-read the xmp into the whole sequence.
For normal sequences it worked perfect but when using the Holy Grail (with or without the wizard) I noticed that after doing the whole workflow the filters where not there anymore. After auto-transition, saving the data and reading the xmp for the whole sequence in LR the filters I used during the editing process are gone. The applied values are still there, the picture look like I intended but I wanted to reedit some keyframes. But I am not able to click on the filters I edited before. The editing points and values are missing.
In the keyframe XMP written by LRT the filters are there, but in the other XMP they are missing. The 130420-3546.txt is a keyframe file, 130420-3547.txt is a non-keyframe.

Does anybody has a clue what it might be? I hipe it doesn't mean I have to do the Holy Grail again...

Thanks

Anna
Attached Files

.txt   130420-3546.txt (Size: 13.09 KB / Downloads: 4)
.txt   130420-3547.txt (Size: 7.26 KB / Downloads: 2)
#2 FableBlue2010
(2013-10-31, 19:01)anna Wrote: I updated to LR5 and LRT3 and started to edit several time-lapses using the gradient and radial filter. The workflow was: initialize in LRT-add keyframes-save xmp-import in LR- editing the keyframes using also gradient filters- save xmp-reload in LRT-auto-transition-deflicker if applicable-save xmp-read the xmp into the whole sequence.
For normal sequences it worked perfect but when using the Holy Grail (with or without the wizard) I noticed that after doing the whole workflow the filters where not there anymore. After auto-transition, saving the data and reading the xmp for the whole sequence in LR the filters I used during the editing process are gone. The applied values are still there, the picture look like I intended but I wanted to reedit some keyframes. But I am not able to click on the filters I edited before. The editing points and values are missing.
In the keyframe XMP written by LRT the filters are there, but in the other XMP they are missing. The 130420-3546.txt is a keyframe file, 130420-3547.txt is a non-keyframe.

Does anybody has a clue what it might be? I hipe it doesn't mean I have to do the Holy Grail again...

Thanks

Anna

Hi,
The radial filter is not supported yet. And you need to use the gradient filters that are supplied with LRT3.X.
#3 anna
Well, according to Gunther Wegner it is supported. And I used the filters supplied by LRT3.
#4 FableBlue2010
(2013-10-31, 19:12)anna Wrote: Well, according to Gunther Wegner it is supported. And I used the filters supplied by LRT3.

What is supported? And you can only use the gradient filters that are with in LRT.
#5 anna
Both the radial and the gradient filter are supported in LRT. And sorry, I have already said I DID use the filters supplied by LRT3.
#6 Gunther
@FableBlue: The radial filter is supported in LRT3. Two of them will be created on initialization and will get animated.

@Anna: Please make sure that you don't delete any of those filters, even if you don't use them. They have to be present on any keyframe. If they are not used, the values will be on zero.

Can you try this with a clean, initialized sequence please and try to reproduce? I've never had that problem.

Please note that if you have tight crops, you might not see the radial filter "handles", press "R" then to see the whole frame, if necessary set the crop larger, drag the handles of the filters more to the center and set the crop again.

PS: Looking at your second XMP file, the LRTimelapse initialization is definitely lacking there, no filters anymore. You won't be able to calculate a transition that way. To fix things, you could reinitialize the whole sequence, then save, load metadata in LR overwriting everything and then try to go back in history for the keyframes only. But please make sure, that all filters are there, when you do this, if not, copy/paste from a proper keyframe to the one where something is missing and redo the changes.
I'm pretty sure this is not a LRTimelapse problem, it's more tha something got messed up when editing.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#7 FableBlue2010
(2013-10-31, 19:22)anna Wrote: Both the radial and the gradient filter are supported in LRT. And sorry, I have already said I DID use the filters supplied by LRT3.

Hit "H" in lightroomX to show and hide filters.
#8 anna
@ Gunther:
I didn't delete any filter. I know I am not allowed to do that. And no crops. The original image. And yes, I initialized a second time the sequence and the same happened.
#9 Gunther
(2013-10-31, 19:26)FableBlue2010 Wrote: Hit "H" in lightroomX to show and hide filters.
No, it's "M" for the Linear Gradients and "Shift-M" for the circular ones.
#10 Gunther
@Anna: I added a PS to my first answer.
transition
fangioli
2015-11-06, 11:24
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: