• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Lighroom 5 xmp files not saving

#1 Smiddi
Hi everyone,

Has anyone on the forum experienced the issue I am having with LR5?

It will simply not save, update or create any xmp files at all. I have looked around but can't seem to find anyone having similar issues.

I have tried the same thing with my old LR4 version and everything works fine as usual.

I am on MAC and have tried the following:
- creating xmp files from Lrtimelapse, and editing pictures in LR and trying to update xmp from LR (cmd-s, and right click save meta data from develop module) - no change to xmp files
- tried to create the xmp files from within lightroom and no files are created.. (doing the same in LR4 works as usual...)
- turned on the automatic saving of XMP in LR5 but no change.

If you have experienced this before or know what I am missing and could help me out, I would be very appreciative!

Regards
Smiddi
#2 Gunther
This can happen, if the camera date is in the future (Lightroom Bug). LRTimelapse 3.3 will offer to correct that date just in case.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Wink
#3 Smiddi
Hi Gunther,

Thanks for the help.
I have played around with this and checked the time on my camera and it is correct. Also tried saving the metadata for really old photos, but this also seems not to work (in case it was a timezone thing).

The only thing I have gotten to work is by clicking on the notice in the top right corner of the image in the grid view telling you that there is a metadata misalignment. If you choose the overwrite setting here LR does save and update the xmp file.

I do realise that this is a lightroom issue and not a LRtimelapse one though - but the advice is appreciated.

On another note, thanks for your inputs to the timelapse community - it is something I get a lot of joy out of, and have learned a lot from you Smile

I will keep trying, and will post here if I find a solution
#4 Gunther
Remember that you must be in Grid-View (G) and have selected all images (Ctrl-A/Cmd-A) before saving (Ctrl-S/Cmd-S).

Develop Module will not work.
#5 Smiddi
Yes, sorry I said the develop module above but actually meant the grid view.
As I said before it works in LR4 and doing the exact same thing in LR5. All images, one image, 4 or 5 images... The only thing that is writing any changes to the xmp file is clicking on the metadata warning icon and choosing the over write changes.
#6 Gunther
Really strange since updating XMP via the icon and "Load Metadata from File" should do exactly the same.

...also check out: