• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where do I place my source photos?

#1 alec
I have very basic workflow question. I'm working with LRTimelapse 1.6 as well as the new ebook ( which is very well done.) and have read through the book as well as many of the threads on this forum. I am working through my first time lapse sequence and am trying to figure out if I have to create a separate folder on my hard drive to import photos from my camera to, then import from there to LRTimelapse, then into LR? Can I import to LR first? If so where do I look for the photo sequence when I open LRTimelapse. I am very excited about incorporating this program into my workflow, but just need to get over this first hurdle. Thanks in advance.
#2 Anke
I keep a separate catalog for all timelapse images. I import all sequences into that catalog, by date, then subdivide the sequences into individual subfolders under each date. Once a sequence is ready for LRTimelapse, I write its metadata to file, then switch to LRTimelapse and import the contents of the folder in question.

I'm not sure if this is the proper procedure, but I've had strange things happen before I started to use individual folders per sequence.
#3 Gunther
Hi,
I recommend the following workflow:
  1. Import from the Card in Lightroom into a "_just imported_" folder
  2. After importing move each single sequence to a separate, individually named folder
  3. Don't write Metadata yet!!
  4. Head over to LRTimelapse
  5. Initialize every single sequence in LRTimelapse, set your keyframes etc. and follow the rest of the workflow described at the workflow section on http://lrtimelapse.com and in the EBook.

Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: