• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Long-Term Timelapse Workflow Questions/Issues

#1 tobyharriman
Hey

I have a 3 year timelapse ready to be edited. Roughly 30,000 photos per camera (2-cameras) I separated them into folder of 5,000 ish to keep them smaller to start narrowing them down. I went through both old and new tutorials for LRT. But realized with the new one, it didn't seem to work as I felt it should. The Contrast (Yellow) and Hue (Pink) curves/lines did not show up all the way through the 5,000 photos in the preview window (Screenshot Attached) And then when playing with sliders I never could get them to do what i felt they should do from reading your tutorial. I was able to narrow one down, but really have no idea if it worked right, as I feel there is an issue here. I reverted to try the old method, but realized you can't click the "Deflicker" as its grayed out, so can't get past those steps with first method.

I read through some old posts on the thread here, not much on long-term. But it sounded like this may be an issue having to do with the setting I choose to shoot with. I have my cameras set at Auto ISO (Max 800) Aperture f/8 and then A/V mode. Most my shots are around 1/500 to 1/800 so tray faster or slower depending on weather.  I am shooting on Canon 60 and 70D with the PhotoSentinel boxes. Pretty sure from all my research these were the settings I ended on from all the recommendations. But I see you may recommend different?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Hmm - the yellow and pink curves should complete - if not, there is something wrong. Please try loading the sequence again, switch to the long term filters and wait if the curves get loaded completely. If not, check the log file. Maybe your system is running out of memory (check the memory indicator on the top right). Let me know (send me the log file!)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 tobyharriman
Have tried a few times. This is what it looks like once i try to still play around with sliders, they just dont make much sense like the tutorial. private messaged you log file, let me know if you got it.

Also, thanks for the help, and building such an awesome project. Been a proud user for years and it has benefited so many of my videos.
Cheers
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
I've already replied to your log file email. Your JPGs are not writable, LRTimelapse cannot write metadata. That has to be sorted out first otherwise everything else won't work.
#5 Graphections
I am curious as to how one would fix having jpegs not writable? I was about to post a similar screen shot of my Long Term Curves as well with the same question.
#6 Gunther
It could be a permissions issue (especially on mac) or read-only files on windows. Check the file properties. Make sure that the files are not opened in any other programs too.
#7 Graphections
Right understood and makes sense that I have moved them from 1 computer to another.
Thanks Werner

...also check out: