• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The colors of my clips look different in my video player than in Lightroom / LRT

#1 Gunther
  • If you get color deviations in your exported videos, most likely you are rendering in a format that your Video Player doesn't support. Try the default Preset in the Render dialog, the key settings are Colorspace: Rec.709 and Range: limited/TV Range. This is a default, which all players and editors should be able to deal with.
  • Many video players (including Quicktime on Mac) do not color manage correctly. See this faq for choosing the right video player: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-whi...-rendition
  • If you want to edit the clips, using a proper and up to date video editing program like Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere etc. should deliver the correct colors in many cases, not in all.
  • If you want color accurate Visual Previews in LRTimelapse, you need to activate Color Management in the settings, as explained in this faq: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how...elapse-5-5
    It's always better to compare the display in Lightroom (color managed) and the final video in a color managed player or editor. See next points.

PS: Make sure to have a wide gamut monitor that is color calibrated too in order to be able to judge the colors properly.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 cyclingg
I hope it is okay to ask a question here.
If I understand this correctly, when we export the final JPGs from LR, the colour space is using AdobeRGB if the sRGB box is not checked.  We should only export using sRGB if the video output colours (rendered in LRT4) are not the same as the images in Lightroom or not to our liking?  
What happens if you have Lightroom set to use ProPhotoRGB?  I use ProPhotoRGB for editing in Lightroom and Photoshop.  Should I switch to AdobeRGB when editing images for Timelapses so that the colours will match as close as possible?  I always export images from LR and PS as sRGB when I print or post images online.  Is it different for LRTimelapse?
#3 Gunther
If you use the LRTExport plugin to export you can only choose between sRGB and AdobeRGB. Only those are supported by LRTimelapse.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#4 Vratik
Hi guys,
I am having this issue with LRTimelapse 5. When I am done with editing stage in Lightroom I export pictures as JPGs. Then I need to start render in LRTimelapse manually as it doesnt start automatically from some reason. I make sure I have correct source folder selected (with my edited pictures), but it renders video which seems like it is made of my raw pictures. I have tried it couple of times but it always renders realy grey video which looks like my raw pictures.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Vrati
#5 Gunther
Maybe you are rendering with Rec.2020 color space and your player doesn't support that. Try rendering in Rec.709.
#6 Graukater
Hi all,
I hope you can help me here:
When creating a timelapse with LRT 5.8, the brightness/colors in the clip look significantly different than in the still images: the shadows appear far too bright and have a strong green cast. This is true for different screens. This deviation is not visible in the still images I exported using the LRT export settings, however. And it is also not visible if I let LRT render a sequence from the previews.
This morning I found a workaround: I can export the stills in Lightroom using normal settings and e.g. sRGB color space and create a timelapse from those stills. The results then look as expected. (Note: stills exported this way show the correct color space in the details view. Stills exported via LRT settings show "not calibrated")

Does anyone know where I went wrong, using LRT's dedicated export method?

Thanks in advance!
#7 Tokyoshot
I am quite sure this topic has been already discussed and solved but I can’t find a simple answer.

If I render a sequence directly from LRT (standard 4k UHD, H.264, BT.709) the colors and contrast in the final video look as edited in LR.

If I export this sequence via LR export (4k jpegs) and then render from LRT with exactly the same settings (not wide gamut) the colors appear washed out and lacking contrast.

I would appreciate if someone had a solution to that. I would like to have my sequences pre-exported via LR because it’s way more convenient and flexible.
#8 Gunther
If you do the export from lightroom via LRTExport you would usually have a properly corlo managed workflow.

Please do the following:
- Close LRTimelapse and Lightroom
- Install the very latest version of LRTimelapse from https://lrtimelapse.com/download/

Do the export and render again. Make sure that in the LRTExport dialog in Lightoom under "Advanced" the option "Export Narrow Gamut" is UNCHECKED.

When the render dialog in LRT comes up, please double check that you don't have any warnings in the LRTimelapse Render Dialog.

For playback use a Video Player that supports color management. https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-whi...-rendition

If the problems persist, send me both log files from the folder Documents./LRTimelapse via email to support@lrtimelapse.com.
#9 Tokyoshot
Dear Gunther,

thank you very much, I have just sent you a mail.

...also check out: