• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sync photos after editing in color efex pro 4

#1 sjovoll_photo
I edited one of my timelapse photos in lightroom, then sent it to color efex pro 4 for additional editing. But back in Lightroom again, it will only sync with the editing done in Lightroom.
If possible, how do i make this work?
#2 Gunther
It won't work. Such tools require Lightroom to render and export the raw file. You will leave the raw workflow and work on developed tiff files. This isn't really suited for time lapses.
I'd recommend to stay with the Lightroom tools. With a bit of practice, you will learn how to achieve the same effects with Lightroom tools.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 sjovoll_photo
Ok. Thank you for the reply.
#4 cyclingg
Oh, I wanted to take a few frames into Photoshop to clone out people (I like Photoshop's cloning better than Lightroom's). I thought that if I keep the file as a "psd" and then export that from Lightroom, LRTimelapse would still be able to use the jpg? I am doing this at the very end of the LRTimelapse workflow. I go through the LRTimelapse workflow using only Lightroom. I usually crop all the images in LR just before I export the RAW files and this is where I would clone out the people.

Is this still not good to do?
#5 Gunther
I'd do this on the photos already exported from Lightroom (on the LRT intermediary sequence), then you can render straight away after editing.

If you do it like you described, you could get color mismatches due to different color spaces or different image sizes that would make the encoder fail. That's at least my prediction, however I've never tried it. Let me know, if you do.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: