• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom CC / Lightroom Classic CC

#1 olihar
Now Adobe like almost any other company is going after consumers not pros or prosumers.

They have split up LR into 2 different software versions, I do hope they fix the perfomance issue with LR as they have not fixed it for over 3 years now.

What do you guys think, and will LRTL work with LR Classic CC or does it need to be updated.
#2 Danielkphoto
Was wondering the same myself.... Probably won't update until i know LRTL will work.
#3 PinyonRidge
Yep... holding off on the update until we have confirmation that LRTimelapse works with it. I cannot afford a break in work.
#4 Gunther
I'll test this as soon as I'm back from South America (End of month). But I'd expect the new "Classic" Version to be working as usual. Will let you know as soon as I have more intel. Greetings from the Altiplano in Bolivia.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 PinyonRidge
Thanks for the update. I may upgrade to Classic on one of my machines and test it out. The only thing I wasn't sure of is whether the new Range part of the adjustment tools would be a problem.
#6 Gunther
Normally it shouldn't. But of course it won't be animated. I've got positive info from users that everything is working already.
#7 sflisher
Hi,

I noticed there is an extra Adobe Process Version in ACR. It used to be 2010, 2012, etc. Now I see Version 4, 3, 2, etc. Of course this may have changed a while back and I just didn't notice. Anyway I did get an error today after upgrade to Lightroom Classic but it may not be related. It is an older timelapse from 2015 that I was processing today. I had issues with Holy Grail Wizard being greyed out plus the following error: [Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttnpfibdja7alln/lrt.jpeg?dl=0]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttnpfibdja7alln/lrt.jpeg?dl=0

I haven't had issues on other timelapses yet but I will update on any other issues if I see them.

Thanks
#8 Gunther
Make sure to have set the process version to 2012 in the LRTimelapse settings. If you get that message, invoke "Metadata/Initialize", this will reinitialize the sequence.

Adobe obviously changed the naming of the process versions with CC Classic and added a new one (4). Currently LRTimelapse will initialize Sequences with Process 2012 (Version 3). Obviously Lightroom changes this to Version 4 when you edit. But that doesn't matter. LRTimelapse will work fine with those files, just go though the Workflow as usually.
#9 olihar
I have found that LR CC Classic will automatically move the Process version to 4 if one touches any controls, it does not seem to matter what tool one touches it will go to version 4... so only solution now seems to be changing to version 3 as the absolute last step one does before saving metadata.
#10 Gunther
You can just ignore the message in LRTimelapse for now, it doesn't matter that Lightroom Classic changes the process version. I'll release an upgrade to LRTimelapse soon that prevents the message from appearing.

Update: Fixed in 4.8: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/lrtimelapse-4-8/

...also check out: