• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dragging into lightroom seems to apply a filter?

#1 Isaacheus
Hi all,

I've been using LR-timelapse for a while and have had a reasonable amount of success with day to night transitions, however my last attempt is having significant issues when I drag the sequence into lightroom to edit the keyframes. After importing, the photos appear to have a filter applied when the metadata is read, changing both the wb and exposure - it seems to be affecting different parts of the sequence differently, ranging from about +0.5 ev to what looks to be about +2.5 ev.
If I 'reset' the edit, it looks like it should it did when first imported/before metadata has been read.

The difficulty is really that I can't see any global adjustments before I reset edits, but the change is very obvious. Editing the keyframes to the preferred look works in lightroom, but as soon as I reload into lr-timelapse, the overexposure problem comes back, meaning that everything is blown out/huge amounts of noise when I re-load the meta-data for visual preview and then export.

Any thoughts?
I've updated to 4.8 from 4.78 - issue was present in both for this sequence. I've tried about 5 times restarting from scratch without any luck
Using the latest Adobe Classic CC

Many thanks for any help - I'm really keen to work this one out so I can work on a few projects I have sitting there

Edit: So I removed the first 30 frames were the exposure was brighter and while it's still occurring, it's manageable overall - it's almost like the software is trying to keep the effective 'brightness' of the first frame close to the same for the whole sequence - is this normal? Haven't struck it before but I usually expose for the sun rather than blowing out the sun and exposing for the foreground like I did here
#2 Gunther
If you use the holy grail wizard or deflicker on your sequences, LRTimelapse will of course apply corrections to XMP data that you will see in Lightroom. Those corrections are not visible on the regular sliders, since they happen on background layers.

To prevent the brightness going mad, it's important to bring the holy grail correction curve as close to the horizontal middle line with the sliders on the holy grail wizard panel.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Isaacheus
ah, thanks for the reply - it looks like the brightness offset/adjustment was getting thrown off by the first few over exposed frames. Playing around with the offset seems to have been all that was needed to fix this and keep the frames. Serves me right for having too great a variance in the effective brightness

...also check out: