• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail too underexposed

#1 Jburden14
Hi Guys,

I have had a lot of success with lrtimelapse but also a lot of fails. One problem that i notice is if i edit my keyframes to exactly how i want it, once i auto transition and do the visual preview my timelapse is very under exposed. I understand that this must be something to do with the Holy Grail offset, rotation or stretching which brings me to my question, what should i actually be trying to achieve with i move these sliders. Should i be trying to get it to perfectly mirror the blue/purple colour line or should i be trying to get an orange line that stays reasonably in line with the average? This is something i have never really been able to work out.

If someone could explain this to me and why this is happening that would be great thanks
#2 Gunther
The reason is most likely that you didn't use the sync-script in Lightroom to bring the settings from one keyframe to the next:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...ync-script

The sliders in the HG-Wizard should be used to bring the curve roughly to the horizontal middle, not more. Mostly a bit of rotate is sufficient, sometimes a bit of offset too.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jburden14
I think that was the problem. The slider wasn't near the middle, only for some of it then it dropped down low. I always thought i was supposed to try and mirror the other line, but when i centred it worked perfectly. 

Thanks Gunther

...also check out: