• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

having difficulty removing flicker

#11 Gunther
(2012-05-30, 02:35)fotografo Wrote: 1) a previous version showed odd smoothed (green) curve when 'deflicker' was first clicked. It looked very smooth at the default setting of 10/10. I would slide the avg. smooth slider to 20, it would actually look 'rougher'. Then I would return it to 10, and the green curve would look rougher than the original green curve showed when I first clicked, "deflicker". The latest update seems to have fixed this.
Yes this was a bug in 1.8.

Quote:2) I still cannot get a satisfactory result with LRTimelapse. I have followed the tutorials repeatedly. I have experimented endlessly with setting the reference area, which certainly alters the result depending on where you set it, but the results just are not satisfactory. At this point, I do not have time to endlessly experiment with getting LRTimelapse to work; I just have to work on my images manually and come back to trying to get LRTimelapse to work for me, later.
LRTimelapse is a tool. It is mighty but it has to be used properly. And it can't make miracles happen. The results of deflicker strongly depend of the source material and the editing steps in Lightroom.

Quote:3) I at least was able to use LRTimelapse to do a transition from before sunrise (covering approximately 1.5 hrs' worth of images) to full morning sun. I have now been unable to use it even for that; sometimes it would disregard keyframes and do a transition for the entire folder of images (adding an unset and unwanted keyframe on the last image). I was able to work around that, though it wastes my time to have to move my .XMP files and .CR2 files which I don't want to do the transition on, to a separate folder, do the transition then move the others back. Lately what it does now, is just set all the exposures to 0. No transition whatsoever.
Could it be that there is something wrong with your XMPs. I don't know what could have happened - but have you tried deleting the XMPs and starting over? This kind of weird behavior is definitely not normal.

Quote:I'm sure others have gotten LRTimelapse to work for them, or you wouldn't be bothering to work on it. I just haven't been able to get it to work for me at all.

Many users use LRTimelapse flawlessly including a lot of pros. So we should be able to sort your problems out.

Please follow my advice above and see if you get it to work on a fresh initialized set.
If nothing helps, zip your sequence and send it to me via dropbox or similar.

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 fotografo
I'm sure many professional photographers like myself use LRTimelapse with satisfactory results. This is why I keep trying to get it to work for me.

I don't believe I ever expected LRTimelapse to be a "miracle worker", nor do my images have any need of such miracles.

I'm going to try stowing the .XMP in a folder and start over with a batch of images, and start afresh with the tutorials. This is very puzzling. Thanks for your patient and polite feedback.

...also check out: