• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sunset holy grail is giving me a lot of flicker

#1 willkistler
Hi,

I'm working on a sunset timelapse and am getting a lot of flickering with the holy grail workflow.

https://youtu.be/Xk5jg4Jptns

For troubleshooting, this is a version where I've only done the first row of holy grail workflow, so these photos don't have any adjustments except for the exposure adjustments that LRtimelapse did for me. I controlled the camera using DSLR dashboard. You can see the sky flickers a lot until about frame 170, although according to my histograms, the highlights aren't blown out, either before editing or after.

I've attached a screenshot of my curves from LRT. I've only rendered out the first half, so the second half of the graphs can be ignored. I'm still learning, so I'm not sure what could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Will
#2 Gunther
Could you please provide the screenshot with the preivew (drag it a bit to enlarge) and the table.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 willkistler
Sure. Looks like I didn't actually attach the first time. Now the image with the whole screen is attached. Thanks for taking a look.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
I'm not sure, it doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong.
Sometimes the Exifdata the camera writes and the actual exposure times / isos are not accurate this could lead to slight flicker effects.

Maybe you shoot another sequence giving it another try.
Otherwise I'd suggest the 2step approach just running the rendered JPG intermediary sequence through LRTimelapse's deflicker workflow. Just make sure to clear all 2*/3* keyframes on the JPG sequence that LR might have exported (keyframes, create keyframes (even spaced)). There are a couple of threads here explaining the 2-step-approach.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: