• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help! How to move images from lr to lr timelapse?

#1 doogle
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and need some help! I'm a professional cameraman and would love to use lr timelapse but having some problems.

Editing the images in lightroom as described in the tutorial is fine - but then I am confused how to get the edited photos into lr timelapse and then back into lightroom. From my understanding lightroom is non destructive so when I import my images into lr timelapse from a folder on my hd, they are the originals and do not contain my lightroom changes.

Please help!

Thanks, Doogle
#2 Gunther
When you use the described the workflow, you save your Lightroom editings to XMP metadata. LRTimelapse only works on that metadata and changes it. Back in Lightroom you load the changed metadata, that will apply changed development settings to your images. Basically this is the idea how it works. Please look at the tutorials and try to follow the workflow

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 doogle
Hi,

Thanks for replying. I understand the principal but I'm afraid I don't understand how to do it practically. How do you save to xmp data and where does lightroom save these files? Could you lead me through step by step of where you save your lightroom files and how you save xmp data.

I have watched your tutorials several times but am still confused as to where lightroom actually saves the metadata and how you import this into lr timelaspse. Do i need to export from lightroom as jpegs?

I'm a good photographer and cameraman but computers are not my strong point so please explain like you would to a child!

Thanks very much, Doogle
#4 doogle
Hi Gwegner,

Just to clarify, here's what I've been doing - maybe you can work out what I'm doing wrong.

1. I import a folder of images from my desktop into lightroom. I choose the Add option (add photos to catalog without moving them).
2. I edit them as described in your tutorial. Sync them and save metadata.
3. I then open LR Timelapse. I import the images from the same folder on desktop.
4. The images load but they are the originals and don't show the changes I just made in lightroom.

HELP!

#5 Gunther
You are doing it right.
When you "Save Metadata" in Lightroom, Lightroom writes the XMP files in the same folder where your images are. When you work with JPG the XMP Data is being written into the JPGs, so you don't see any XMP Files. This however doesn't affect the images itselves.

In LRTimelapse you only see the original image-previews, because LRTimelapse doesn't apply the develop settings, that's okay. In LRTimelapse you can make your trasitions or deflicker. After you save in LRTimelapse you can go back to Lightroom, Read the Metadata of all files and now the changes are applied, so that you can see the difference.
#6 doogle
It works! Thank you so much, I'll now have a proper experiment and if it all works I'll definitely give you a decent donation. I've been looking for a program like this for years!!
#7 Gunther
it works ;-)
Looking forward to hear from your results.

Best
Gunther
#8 Fiddelfaddel
Hi,
I have the same problem as Doogle.
It is the same problem. I allways get the message in LRTimelapse, that there are no Metadaten (XMP-Files) to load. In different to Doogle I work with DNG-Files.
I don´t know, what I can do, so I need help. Thanks !
#9 Gunther
(2011-07-10, 16:02)Fiddelfaddel Wrote: Hi,
I have the same problem as Doogle.
It is the same problem. I allways get the message in LRTimelapse, that there are no Metadaten (XMP-Files) to load. In different to Doogle I work with DNG-Files.
I don´t know, what I can do, so I need help. Thanks !

Sorry, DNG is not supported. Please use the original RAW files or JPG.
#10 Fiddelfaddel
Now I have loaded the images in RAW. The images are saved on HD mit *.nef, but there ist allways the same mistake.
Did I make another mistake???

...also check out: