• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail Wizard not functioning?

#1 TrackieGuy
Hello,

I'm just starting work with LR3 and the Holy Grail Wizard. In the demo, when you Holy Grail Wizard is click, a new line appears with the new adjustments. When I click the wizard, nothing happens. Any tips on how to resolve?
#2 Gunther
Did you adjusted your camera settings (Shutter time or ISO) while shooting? Did you initialize your sequence? Do you see the changes in the Shutter/ISO columns? Did you create the Keyframes with the Key frames wizard first? Do you see the Orange keyframes at the positions where you changed the settings?

If all this is yes then the HG-Wizard should work like expected. If not you have to check your workflow!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 TrackieGuy
I'm doing a session with Ric Kasnoff. I was just opening up a with a graduated ND filter...no changes to shutter/ISO. I did create key frames. I'm wondering if the algorithm needs bigger shifts in order to function?
#4 Thierry BERNARD
(2013-08-20, 10:11)TrackieGuy Wrote: I'm doing a session with Ric Kasnoff. I was just opening up a with a graduated ND filter...no changes to shutter/ISO. I did create key frames. I'm wondering if the algorithm needs bigger shifts in order to function?

Hi you can adjust the threshold in the expert settings panel, perhaps you have to reduce it
#5 Gunther
The HG wizard uses the exif data to calculate the "jumps". If you use a Fader ND that will not work, sorry. You will then have to do the matching manually in Lightroom.

I do not recommend using fader ND's for HG-adjustments at all - the main reason is that you will have a really hard time to match the steps because of the uneven and rotating shading of the fader ND. The second reason is that you won't have reliable exif data to do the automatic matching.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: