• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

IMG_9999 to IMG_0001

#1 Emericlb
Hello,

So I have a Canon camera and every 10,000 pictures, the number comes back to 0000, so I have this timelapse with 200 frames from IMG_9800 to IMG_9999 and then the rest of the picture from IMG_0001 to IMG_500 something, but I need the IMG_9800 to be first on the list.

I tried to Google the issue and came accros this forum http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-impo...ming-files

But I tried everything here and nothing work. Anything I do keeps sorting the file by name, even when I uncheck the box. When I uncheck it, nothing happen, when I check, then uncheck again, nothing happen ... so I tried to reload (F5) but nothing, so I tried to restart, but nothing (the box is checking itself automatically at some point) so I still have the issue. 

Please help me, this is really frustrating. 

Thanks
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Wire14
Hi,

this is very easy. There are a variety of free programms (e.g. joe or rename master) where you can rename the pictures. So just set the prefix IMG_ and the programm generates the number in ascending order.

After that you can edit the sequence as normally

Regards, Chris
#3 klerhaugen
or just sort by date.
#4 Emericlb
Thanks for the answer Wire14, but apparently the program you mentioned is only PC and I am on mac.

I know there is a easy way to do it without renaming the file, technically LRTimelapse is supposed to sort the images using date and time. I unchecked the box "sort by filename" and nothing happens.

@klerhaungen This is what I am trying to do, LRTimelapse keeps sorting the files by name and not date/time.
#5 Emericlb
Ok so I found an easy way to do it, I can rename multiple files at once on Mac (must be new, or I just didn't know we could do that), so I just added the letter A before the images from IMG_9800 to IMG_9999 (AIMG_9800 etc..) so that they end up at the top of the list, now it works fine.

But if somebody knows what the real issue, I would love to know!
#6 c_joerg
(2015-08-02, 12:50)Emericlb Wrote: Ok so I found an easy way to do it, I can rename multiple files at once on Mac (must be new, or I just didn't know we could do that), so I just added the letter A before the images from IMG_9800 to IMG_9999 (AIMG_9800 etc..) so that they end up at the top of the list, now it works fine.

But if somebody knows what the real issue, I would love to know!

Why You don't Reset the filecounter every time when You Start a New timelapse?
#7 Gunther
If the exif data is being read correctly (it should) then LRT will automatically sort by Date/Time, no need to worry about it at all.
If you want, you can use the rename feature in LRTimelapse (F2) too, to rename your sequences with a prefixing Date/Time.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#8 Emericlb
(2015-08-02, 14:29)gwegner Wrote: If the exif data is being read correctly (it should) then LRT will automatically sort by Date/Time, no need to worry about it at all.
If you want, you can use the rename feature in LRTimelapse (F2) too, to rename your sequences with a prefixing Date/Time.

So maybe the Exif Data weren't read correctly, cause I tried everything but the files were sorted by name only. Also when I tried to rename them using LRT like you suggest, I had an error message, saying to check the log file. So do you think that my images are corrupted or something? I never had this problem before. Hmm strange

Also, if you check the attached screen capture, you can see n/a on the Date/File Original column, is this normal?
#9 Gunther
I don't see a screenshot, and please attach the log file too. Info menu/Show log.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: