• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issue with settings not transferring to LR4

#11 Gunther
Glad it works for you now, I wish you good results!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 awchin90
(2012-03-31, 10:51)gwegner Wrote: Do the values end up in the xmp files after saving in LRTimelapse or not?

Hey i'm having the same issue. The values do end up in the XMP files eg: WB Temp '-40'. But in LR when i read from metadata it doesn't import the '-40' it always reverts to WB '12'. It's odd, everything else works except WB.

I'm working with DNG files and over 5000+
#13 Gunther
Check that WB is set to "Custom"
#14 glenn@oakleyphoto.com
I'm a new user, but in my latest time lapse sequence the brush functions I used in LR4 -- to darken the sky, open up the foreground-- did not transfer back when I applied auto transition. So I have a big difference between my keyframes and the frames before and after it, resulting in flash frames. Does the brush function not work with LR Timelapse?

Canon 5D markII, jpegs, LR4, Mac OS 10.6.8
#15 Gunther
Hi Glenn, the adjustment brush is not supported by LRTimelapse. If you want to use it, apply it as very last step in Lightroom then synchronize only that brush adjustments to all images before rendering the video.
#16 glenn@oakleyphoto.com
(2013-05-21, 14:58)gwegner Wrote: Hi Glenn, the adjustment brush is not supported by LRTimelapse. If you want to use it, apply it as very last step in Lightroom then synchronize only that brush adjustments to all images before rendering the video.

Following the holy grail instructions from the video tutorial, I went back and made the adjustments with the gradient tool -- darkening the sky and lightening the foreground in the first half of the sequence, and then lightening the sky and foreground in the second half of the sequence. But the gradient changes did not transfer to the other non-starred images in the sequence. The other adjustments--exposure, curves, clarity, etc.--did copy over. So can I only make gradient adjustments that run the entire sequence? Is there no way to make a smooth transition when using the gradient filter?
#17 Gunther
Yes ist is - in fact the gradient filter is the way to go. But you have to use the 2 gradients that get predefined when initializing in LRTimelapse. You will see them as 2 Dots on every image after you hit "M". Use one or both, but don't create additional or own gradients cause only those two will get animated.
#18 glenn@oakleyphoto.com
(2013-05-22, 11:26)gwegner Wrote: Yes ist is - in fact the gradient filter is the way to go. But you have to use the 2 gradients that get predefined when initializing in LRTimelapse. You will see them as 2 Dots on every image after you hit "M". Use one or both, but don't create additional or own gradients cause only those two will get animated.

So do I make those gradient changes BEFORE I load and initialize the images into LR Timelapse -- and then go back and make the other adjustments to the keyframes? Or do I make those gradient changes on the first and last keyframes at the same time I make my holy grail adjustments?
#19 Gunther
The gradients will be generated by LRTimelapse on initialization. You just use the predefined gradients, and when you make the holy grail adjustments, you will copy them from keyframe to keyframe, you can as well adjust them in order that they get animated.
#20 glenn@oakleyphoto.com
(2013-05-23, 01:17)gwegner Wrote: The gradients will be generated by LRTimelapse on initialization. You just use the predefined gradients, and when you make the holy grail adjustments, you will copy them from keyframe to keyframe, you can as well adjust them in order that they get animated.
Thanks, I now have that working.

Now I am not getting a good match on my holy grail frames in LR4. I'm making my adjustments on the first keyframe, copying that onto the first holy grail frame where I make a few more adjustments and copy that onto my three-star holy grail frame. Then I select the 2-star holy grail frame, then sub-select the 3-star and under Settings go to Match Total Exposure. The images are jpegs with a one-stop difference yet the the 3-star keyframe is considerable darker and more contrasty. This is a sunrise situation. I've re-set and worked this through several times and on different sequences with the same result.

Can you help?

...also check out: