• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keyframes Wizard in LR 2.0.1

Sad
#1 Jose
Hi Gunther!

I am having an issue when pressing the Keyframes Wizard button.
After initializing and defining an area (see attachment), the keyframes wizard does not detect all the exposure changes in the sequence (keys 2 and 3).

Is this because the changes in the light are not very significant?
I did change one stop in the shutter speed at the end of the sequence (when going darker).

I guess I will have to put the keyframes manually..... :-(
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Hi Jose,
In your case even I am not able to say, where you did change the exposure. If you want to go the holy grail approach, make sure to make the change between on image and the other. There is so much changes in your sequence, the wizard is not able to detect it.
Check out my holy grain tutorial to see how to do it!
All the best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jose
Ok.
I did change the exposure between one shot and the other.
I didn't change the aperture because it was wide open at the begin¡ng of the timelapse (as read in your book).
My lens were Canon EF 24-105 f4 so I started with an f4 aperture.
This is a day to night sequence, so what I did was to change the shutter speed (because the inteval was long enough) in order to capture more light when getting dark.
Those changes are the peaks showed in the blue line at the end of the sequence.
It is funny though that the wizard detected two of them but not the others...

I'll add keyframes manually anyway...

Thanks for your help
#4 Matjoez
Quick followup question for Gunther: Is there a minimum amount of shots that have to be taken between two exposure changes? I always try to keep it at 25 frames minimum, but was wondering this.
#5 Gunther
Hi, the sequence inbetween the holy grail steps shouldn't be too short. 25 Shots is a minimum I would recommend. But that depends from the situation.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: