• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT Keyframes not reading to Lightroom

#1 joelemail
Searched the forums and haven't found similar issue.
Doing basic workflow in LRT 3.2.1 to Lightroom 5.

Here's the problem -
Lightroom is only recognizing the first keyframe created in LRT, which is first frame of the sequence, and not recognizing the final keyframe, which is the last frame of the sequence. I can see both frames noted with the blue diamond in LRT. But Lightroom does not recognize that second keyframe designation, though it does see the frame.

Here are the steps I follow -
Import/Initialize
Keyframes Wizard (which gives a simple first-frame and last-frame as the keyframes)
Save.
Open Lightroom 5 and view LRT full sequence in grid mode, read metadata
(I usually don't need to read metadata as the keyframes are already there).
Set filter to view ** keyframes.
And there is the problem - I only have the first keyframe, which is the first frame.

I can see both keyframes (first and last frames) in LRT.
But Lightroom says there is only the first one.

This has happened on two sequences in the last day. I can follow this same process for other sequences and everything is fine. It is the process I've been following for months. But these two sequences seem to have bad voodoo about them.

I've tried to manually designate that second keyframe in Lightroom (which is the last frame of the sequence), and then do the edit process, set filter to all keyframes, highlight all and save metadata to files, then back to LRT for the rest of the process, but it is as if that second keyframe doesn't exist. No auto-transitions created. No curves. Nothing happens.

If I designate that second keyframe in Lightroom, I then have tried different procedures of viewing full sequence and reading metadata, or just viewing the keyframes (the one Lightroom recognizes and the one i created manually in Lightroom) and then reading metadata. Always in Grid Mode. Then back to LRT. But LRT does not create the auto-transitions.

Something is up with that last frame. I've tried deleting that last frame, then manually creating another keyframe in the NEW last frame, and still Lightroom does not see that final keyframe designation.

I've tried deleting everything and starting over.
No difference. It is as if I have ONE keyframe.

I'm at a loss.
Any thoughts, anyone?

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
Initializing in 3.2.1 will only create one keyframe. So you have to use the keyframes wizard after initializing to get the last frame as KF as well. Check if the blue diamond is on the last frame. Remember the filename of that image. Then save.
In LR go to grid mode, make sure you have cleared all filters - select the whole sequence, read metadata from files. Now go to the end of the sequence - check the filename of that image is it the same? Does it have the keyframe (1 star) applied?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jimkells
I had exactly the same issue - I found however that when I imported my files .. cleard down all filters.. and then read in the metadata .. I had not waited long enough . The process took quite a while (three or four mins) to read all 1370 images.

I appreciate this may well not be the same solution but worth a look ..

Jim
#4 joelemail
The workflow you describe below is the one I follow. I have a blue diamond at the first frame and another at the last frame.

In LR, grid mode, I'm set to LRT Full Sequence.
I select it all, then read the metadata from files.
The first frame has a 1 star designation.
The last frame does not.
The filenames of the first and last frame in LRT are the same in LR.

I think this might be a clue to the problem...
I've noticed that sometimes in the first layer of LRT workflow, that when 'save' is clicked, nothing happens. Sometimes there is a progress bar, sometimes not. It hasn't seem to have made a difference either way in past sequences I've built. This time there was no progress bar on clicking 'save.' I've tried to manually add keyframes and click 'save,' or clear metadata and click 'save,' just to create different metadata to see if the 'save' button would become responsive.
No change.

:-)
Now what?

(2013-11-19, 11:33)gwegner Wrote: Initializing in 3.2.1 will only create one keyframe. So you have to use the keyframes wizard after initializing to get the last frame as KF as well. Check if the blue diamond is on the last frame. Remember the filename of that image. Then save.
In LR go to grid mode, make sure you have cleared all filters - select the whole sequence, read metadata from files. Now go to the end of the sequence - check the filename of that image is it the same? Does it have the keyframe (1 star) applied?
#5 Gunther
LRTimelapse only saves metadata for images that have something changed. The left column is indicated red in that case. If for some reason the last image with the keyframe is not red (under the image number), it will not get saved. Try changing the exposure value right in the table by double clicking it, then the frame indicator should turn red. Then save again.
Normally this does not happen, I'm not sure what's going on there. Please check the log file or send it to me to see if something crashes (info menu/log).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 joelemail
Changing the last exposure value and saving, then re-rendering seems to have done something, as all is well now. I can't determine what was going on, as i'm following the same workflow as always. It worked for months, then stopped working, and is now working again. At this point, I'll just roll my eyes and mutter under my breath, 'computers," and go back to work.

(2013-11-20, 11:36)gwegner Wrote: LRTimelapse only saves metadata for images that have something changed. The left column is indicated red in that case. If for some reason the last image with the keyframe is not red (under the image number), it will not get saved. Try changing the exposure value right in the table by double clicking it, then the frame indicator should turn red. Then save again.
Normally this does not happen, I'm not sure what's going on there. Please check the log file or send it to me to see if something crashes (info menu/log).

...also check out: