• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

masking and object

#1 rodrigo
Hi All,

I was wondering if someone knows how can I go about masking a street light that came on in the middle of a sequence of photos. Would it has to be each photo (300) or can I repair one and the rest would follow suit?

kind regards,

Rodrigo
#2 Gunther
Easiest would be using a gradient filter or paintbrush.
Set is to the very first frame (even if there is no light yet). Set the tools on the filter or brush to zero so that you don't have any effect.
Now set a keyframe left and right from the appearing lamp.
Bring the settings from the first keyframe to the left one via sync script and then to the right one. Now modify the parameters on the right one to achieve the masking. Bring those settings to the very last keyframe (last image of the sequence).
You should then have 4 keyframes:
x---------------xX-------------X
Those with the small x at the beginning will have the tools set to 0. Those where the X is capital, will have the tools applied,
Now you can save metadata and reload and apply the Auto Transition in LRT.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rodrigo
Thanks Gunther, if the lamppost is on the first frame, therefore making it a key frame, and I clone out the lamppost and then sync the rest of the key frames using Lrtimelapse sync script would it work?.

Or if I import all photos into a catalogue in LR, clone and take out the lamp-post and then sync in LR all 300 photos, then import into LRT as normal.

By the way I always shoot in RAW

kind regards,

Rodrigo
#4 rodrigo
Hi Gunther,

Here is the link to the timelapse in question https://www.facebook.com/rodrigo.alarconcielock/posts/10211190805106698?notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic¬if_id=1479717422116496 as you can see the cool light in the front seem to spoil the effect of the timelapse.

regards,

Rodrigo
#5 Gunther
To be honest: I'd just leave it like it is. I like the cooler contrast to the warmer moon. And most likely you won't be able to remove it perfectly with Lightroom - this would only make things worse.

But to answer the question: yes, you can apply cloning on the very first image. LRTimelapse will then take this over to all other frames.
Cloning cannot be animated.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 rodrigo
Thanks Gunther, that one has a preset, the original has more yellow in it.

Rodrigo

...also check out: