• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Metadata would not load LR -> LRTL

#1 sigjul
Hello,

Please Help! I am new here..doing lots of time lapse these days and would love to use this program and register for longer sequences.

I have been trying a sequence already imported in LR of 400 images. Originally Sony raw (Arw) but converted to DNG in LR after import.

Basically trying the basic workflow and failing:

1- Previews do not work, either in DNG or arw (I converted to DNG in the hope it would show previews in LRTL. It doesn't . OK - I can do without it)

2- At step 4 in the basic workflow of LRTL, after changing my key frames in LR and saving metadata then reloading in LRTL I get zero values. For instance wbtemp is all set to zero (while I have different vales in LR DNGs). Metadata is not read unless I actually go through LR -> Update DNG Preview and Metadata. This process in LR takes almost an hour. It really makes the process cumbersome to have to go through this in LR prior to reloading in LRTL!

3- Even when I successfully load the metadata, then when I interpolate it sets every image to 5001 WB temp (and has the value "mid contrast" in the wbtemp column in LRTL). It sets that value "mid contrast" to pretty much every value that was changed in my keyframes. I succeeded to interpolate correctly a couple of time, after reloading and interpolating again and again, and randomly it worked once...

Please see snapshots here:
See WBtemp values have been interpolated. Other vales (circular filters) are not.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ipqtcbmzrhj77....18.07.png

So , I press "auto transition" and the values interpolated change to "Medium Contrast"...See snapshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf21eoa9lhfy1x....18.36.png

If I export all my wbtemp values are set to 5001 flat... Sad

Any hint?

Thanks for your help

Jules
#2 Raw Media Studios
"From Gunther on a similar issue: Another thing is that xmp data is normally embedded into DNG files according to the adobe specifications. However Lightroom loads external xmp data from XMP files if they are present. So LRTimelapse does not embed the XMP data into the DNGs instead it writes the separate XMP files.

In your case Lightroom might be ignoring the XMP files and to load the embedded data - if at all. This could be a timestamp issue as well. Check the filenames (XMP-filename = DNG filename), check the foldernames for any special characters..."

Wish I could help more but with out files to reproduce I'm at a loss. Gunther will be returning shortly but give him a couple days to get settled.
#3 sigjul
Thanks for your response.

I noticed this weird thing about LRTL that it creates xmps instead of embedding in the DNGs. Bit I did not have the issue however, ONCE LRTL would actually create the right interpolated data to save and retrieve mu data in LR>

However, I have the issue (see my second snapshot) that it randomly (could not figure to when and when not) creates wrong interpolation data and puts this weird "medium contrast" value in wbTemp column.

So, while my not reading the correct metadata in LRTL probably is due to this separate amp files (I can fix that by doing the re-exproting of previews and metadta in LR however), my real problem is not being able to correctly interpolate and create the desired metadata....Then I am essentially stuck.

Hope to hear more from you. I can private share more data or even the pictures if it helps.. Also, Ihave (fortunately) a backup are copy at home of the originals, maybe I should go back to those (since LR actually deletes the are while converting to DNG).

Looking forward to your answer,
best,

Julies
#4 Gunther
If you experience strange behavior, please check the log file you might send it to me to support at lrtimelapse.com.
Please consider this thread as well: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 sigjul
Hello Gunther,

I just sent you the log file. it does seem that there are lots of Java crashes, modules not loading,....in the log file I just sent it to you by email. Hopefully you can find ht error and I can go back to time lapsing, purchase a license to do my longer sequences...

THanks

Julien
#6 Gunther
Problem fixed, Julian didn't install the LRTimelapse Addons on Mac, so ExifTool was not present.
#7 sigjul
Gunther/LRTL team,

thanks. As mentioned above my problem is solved. In fact I did click on the installer for the add ons, but because my security settings did not allow to install a 3rd party vendor component, and while it did warn me for the main program it did not for the adons, so I had no way to know it did not install....

Bottom line if you have a mac, go to settings ->Security and allow all programs to install before installing LRTL...

Thanks again for helping me debug.

Julien

PS: A suggestion for future improvements would be to embed all installs in one step in the future, and register the component with apple so you have no issues wit security.
#8 Gunther
No need to change security settings, you can just right click on mac and select open then agree to the warning like explained on http://lrtimelapse.com/download

...also check out: