• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question regarding filters

#1 Stefoto
Hello everyone,

currently I'm using some cheap poor quality ND and CPL filters, but I plan to upgrade to more professional filters soon. I was wondering what filter brand can you recommend me for ND and polarizing filters. Also what do you think about Hoya ProND 1000 and Hoya pro 1 CPL filters? I plan to get them. Are they good enough? Especially for the ND filter I hope that there won't be any noticeable color cast on the image.

Best regards
Stefan
#2 Gunther
Hi Stefan,
I didn't find a strong ND filter without color cast. I don't think they really exist.
I've very good experiences with the rather cheap Haida Pro filters for ND and Polarization.
Just check them out.
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Stefoto
Hi Gunter,

yes I know that strong ND filters like ND 1000 will have color cast, but I think this can be fixed in post right? So you recommend me the Haida Pro filter for the ND and polarization? A friend of mine also recommended me this brand. Is it possible to post a compare image side by side with and without the filter so I can see how the image looks like with the filter? Also what type of color tone the Haida ND 1000 adds, warm or cold?
I will really appreciate if you post some images. I'm asking that, because I'm going to order the filters from ebay and I can't check them and test before I buy.

regards
Stefan
#4 Gunther
It's a slight sepia cast, not bad at all. I did a comparison on my German blog, this is via google translate:

https://translate.google.de/translate?hl...s-teuer%2F
#5 Stefoto
Great comparison post! So after all the ND 1000 haida has blue cold tint vs the B + W that has a warm redish tint. I will decide what to get, but most likely will get and try out the haida one.
#6 Gunther
My newer Haida Pro Slim have a warm cast, similar to the B+W, but not that strong.
#7 Stefoto
Hi again,

I'm thinking to get this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/82mm-Haida-Slim-...5b023de9f3

Is it the same as yours that has a warm color cast or not? And what you can say for this one. Do you think it is a good choice considering the low price?
#8 Gunther
I think that's the one that I have. The color cast might not be the same for different filters even from the same series, so you will have to try it out.

...also check out: