• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sunrise Post Processing

#11 Gunther
I don't know what happened there but that's definitely not the result that you normally get from LRTimelapse.
Try to do the first step with the holy grail wizard only - skip the color corrections for now. Just Save Metadata, transfer it to Lightroom (all) and render after having done the Holy Grail Wizard. This should normally give you a mostly perfect transition without the pumping.

Posting a screenshot of your preview panel in LRT after the HG-Wizard might help us as well to understand what's going on there.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 JonathanDeanMay
Hi Gunther

By chance I did make some screenshots as I worked through the HG yesterday.
(link won't work for me between img tags)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/urlo1f1pjkuthb...d.jpg?dl=0

After that I made 6 special keyframes for colour correction.

I have not yet tried to skip that step as you suggested and render out after the HG-wizard, but I'll let you know how that goes. I guess if there is no pumping, then we can blame my colour corrections for the flicker?

Thanks for your help........... Jon
#13 JonathanDeanMay
Here's the video rendered after HG keyframes only.

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzbdTouV...e=youtu.be]
#14 Gunther
Something is wrong there, that's not the results to expect.
Please check in Lightroom, after reading metadata (before rendering) that the 2*/3* are really looking the same - they should have different exposure values applied for the compensation.
If not, something with the metadata traveling between LRT and LR might not be correct, check this faq thread:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-meta...ng-applied
#15 JonathanDeanMay
Thanks Gunther. I'll look into it. I have not checked back with LR yet but suspect that I may have been in the develop module when saving metadata.
#16 JonathanDeanMay
Hello again Gunther and I hope that you're enjoying a fine festive season :-)

I revisited my time lapse , reinitialised everything and only stepped through the first row of the HG workflow. When I compare ** and *** keyframes in Light Room I see small differences between about 6 pairs (out of 32 pairs in total). Here's a screen recording. (Although I am saying "one star, two stars" I mean ** and ***)

[Video: http://youtu.be/-cosuqj-Bpc]

Are these differences acceptable? I imagine that they will cause some flicker.

Regards

Jon
#17 Gunther
Those differences are bigger then what you normally should expect, I'm not sure why.
When in develop mode, do you see the adjustments in Exposure for those images? Check the exposure Slider and the value that you see there when switching back and forth. There should be an exposure compensation, that means different values for both of the images.
You can then try another thing: Select the 2* image then the 3* image with Ctrl. Now both should be selcted. Now press Ctrl-Shift-Alt-M (Match total exposures) in Lightroom. See if the matching of both improves (normally LR uses the same algorithm then LRTimelapse, so you should get the same results).
#18 JonathanDeanMay
I do see adjustments in exposure between each pair of images - different vales for each image. Match total exposure made a slight difference but the match was still not perfect. I tried to improve the match manually with a small exposure tweak. Was it OK to use the exposure slider for that? The rendered video still flickers Sad
#19 Gunther
If you adjust manually, you have to save metadata and then in LRTimelapse apply the "Auto-Transition Special" for the 2*/3* keyframes again to connect.
#20 JonathanDeanMay
Aha! I saved but did not apply auto transition. Thanks. Will try that.

And I have just read through this process on p. 100 of your eBook :-)

...also check out: