• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why the output size variates by 80%

#1 ronischuetz
Hi,

I have been processing today a couple of time lapses I shoot in the last few days. Once this was accomplished I checked the details of each file and all the meta information and now I'm wondering how the following situation can happen if I believe everything is the same:

Sequence 09, 200 Shoots, 29fps, 1920x1080 => 7709 MB
Sequence 10, 200 Shoots, 29fps, 1920x1080 => 51620 MB

[attachment=779]

As both sequences have been automatically rendered within lrtimelapse after the LR 5.7 export I'm wondering now how that can be ...

I will try to render both sequences manually again and see if the result is the same but would be great if you have some input if there is something I should pay attention to it.

thank you, Roni
#2 Gunther
Video Size depends massively from the video contents. If you have a lot of movement, changes from one image to the other (for example with short exposure times, water, waves etc...) you will get bigger video files, because the encoder does need much more bandwith. This is not necessarily good.
On the other hand, if you shoot with long exposures, apply LRT Motion Blur Plus, and choose sceneries that do not have such quick changes, you will get smaller files with better quality.
So the size of the compressed video file is no comparable indicator for the image quality.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: