• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Wireless Live-View + Camera-Shutter-Release / DslrDashboard + Nikon D800 + MR3040

#1 piselipi
Hallo,

(English Version below) gern würde ich DslrDashboard im LiveView benutzen und gleichzeitig aber nicht darüber am Display auslösen sondern dies per Funkauslöser - also direkt über die Kamera tun. Ist das irgendwie möglich? Lässt sich DslrDashboard irgendwie austrixen, denn bisher lässt das Programm dies leider nicht zu. Ich benutze eine Nikon D800E + für die WLan-Verbindung einen TP-Link/MR3040 + ein Nexus7-Tablet um das Sucherbild per LiveView betrachten zu können. Wenn Ihr einen Tip habt wäre das toll. Ich freue mich über jeden Wink und bin ganz begeistert wohin dieses Forum und GWegner mich schon gebracht haben.

Herzlichen Gruss,
Piselipi (Victor)

English Version: Is it possible to use the DslrDashboard-LiveView-Option and at the same time the shutter release of my Camera? (Nikon D800E + TP-Link/MR3040 + Nexus7-Tablet). It would be great if you can help me. Thank you very much! All the best wishes. piselipi (victor)
#2 hubaiz
It is not a DslrDashboard limitation but a camera one.
When live view is enabled the camera does not allow to initiate with the capture button or with a remote release.
#3 piselipi
Thank you for your precise and fast answer!

PS.: There maybe is a life without DslrDashboard but I am very happy to have the choice.
#4 piselipi
(Deutsche Version unten) I do not know if this is constructive, but since I have no Computer-Science-Expert-Knowledge, all I can offer is research. And I just found out that the Nikon-WMU-App has a butten for switching between a 'Camera-Control-Mode' and an 'App-Control-Mode' which i guess does not effect the LifeView-Picture at the same time. Is this an option or alternative way for DslrDashboard? (to put a switching-butten into it)? I also have to admit that I wrote to the CamRangerPeople: 'Is it possible to use the shutter release of a Nikon D800E while using the CamRanger-LiveView to have an external Live-View-Picture on a tablet and at the same time an external shutter release on the camera'). And they answered: 'Yes you can use something else in the shutter release port.' Did the CamRangerPeople were not aware of this Nikon-D800E-Compatibility-Problem or did they understand me wrong? I do not have any experiences with the CamRanger and I have no experience with the Nikon-WMU-App either, but after all this information made me hope that there still is a little chance to make it happen: Wireless LiveView and the Camera-Shutter-Release at the same time. So if you get new inspiration and see a chance or new way to handle this .please let me know. Thank you very much!

PS.: I also have opened a thread (Wireless Life-View + Camera-Shutter-Release..) with this issue in the english forum!

Deutsche Version: Ich fand eben raus, dass die Nikon-WMU-App einen Butten hat der es möglich macht unkompliziert zwischen Kamera- und App-Kontrolle zu wechseln und ich vermute das dies sogar die Life-View-Übertragung nicht unterbricht. Vielleicht ist dies ja ein Ansatz und Möglichkeit einen ähnlichen Butten bei DslrDashboard einzubauen? Ich habe wieder zu hoffen begonnen. Auch weil die CamRanger-Leute mir schrieben dass es mit ihrem (teurem) Gerät möglich wäre eine externe Life-View-Übertragung zu haben und gleichzeitig den Kamera-Auslöser der D800E zu nutzen. Vielleicht täuschen die sich oder wir haben aneinander vorbeigeredet. Falls es doch noch irgendwie einen Weg geben sollte eine kabellose Life-View-Übertragung und den D800 Auslöser zu kombinieren (troz störrischer D800-Nikon-Software) wäre das geradezu wunderbar. Und ich würde mich sehr über Rückmeldungen freuen.

piselipi (victor)
#5 piselipi
Eben kam die Antwort von 'Hubaiz' im englischen Forum:

'As I wrote already, after the camera enters live view in response to the command sent from the application the camera is the one that does blocks the camera release button. So I don't see how could I change that.'

Das ist natürlich sehr schade das die Nikon-Software uns diesbezüglich keinen Spielraum gibt. Aber wenigstens habe ich nun Gewissheit. Vielen Dank an Zoltan Hubai der mit professionellem Rat und praktischer Unterstützung so grosszügig ist.

...also check out: