• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Workflow Problems Going into Lightroom

#1 mikegml
Until now I've only played around with LRT2 a little, but now I have the full version of LRT2 I can hopefully start doing some serious stuff, However there are parts of the workflow that I don't understand possibly due to how I interpret the workflow guide.

After completing the first part of the workflow in LRT2 I go back into Lightroom, select all images, read the metadata, select filter to show 1 star images, and edit the first starred image, ok, so far I understand.

1. At this point I'm confused, having edited the first image why do I copy and paste the settings to the second image? This seems to transfer undesirable settings to the second image.

2. It then says to edit the next image (does this mean the 'third' image) differently based on the pasted settings. Sorry, but this makes no sense to me. Plus why would I edit it differently anyway?

I was under the impression that I would edit the first and last images in a sequence and LRT2 would calculate and correct all images in-between averaging out any inconsistent images.

I'm sure LRT2 will be great to use once I understand it but the above confusing, If anyone can give me a more detailed breakdown please.
#2 Gunther
(2012-09-23, 21:19)mikegml Wrote: 1. At this point I'm confused, having edited the first image why do I copy and paste the settings to the second image? This seems to transfer undesirable settings to the second image.
This is only to give you a starting point for editing the second image. Normally you make all basic adjustments on the first and then only want to for example change exposure and/or white balance for the next, so I use the first as starting point.

Quote:2. It then says to edit the next image (does this mean the 'third' image) differently based on the pasted settings. Sorry, but this makes no sense to me. Plus why would I edit it differently anyway?
This means the second one, see above. You might want to edit it differently if you want LRTimelapse to calculate a transition between both.

Quote:I was under the impression that I would edit the first and last images in a sequence and LRT2 would calculate and correct all images in-between averaging out any inconsistent images.
exactly.

I hope I could help clarifying things, if not please come back to me!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mikegml
Thanks Gunther.

Ok that makes more sense, I was taking things a little too literally. I was also going to say that on most frames there is very little adjustment needed anyway.

I've not checked but does this mean that the first and last frames are always starred for this purpose.
#4 Gunther
yes!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 mikegml
Great, you've thought of everything.

...also check out: