• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

XMP not appearing in folder

#1 Allright
Hi,

I'm using GoPro camera's to create time lapses, these only put out JPEG's.
It's possible to import them into LRtime lapse, so I figure that LRtime lapse is compatible with JPEG's.

Unfortunately, when I click save xmp file, it appears as the program is actually saving the xmp files (no errors, takes a little time and progress bar is sliding to 100%). However, the JPEG's I imported are in the designated folder, but the xmp files are nowhere to be found.

Not in the folder, not on my entire hard drive (performed linux search command to *.xmp files in terminal, showed up with zero).

Any thoughts

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
For JPGs XMPs are being saved as Metadata right into the JPG files, according to Adobes design.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Allright
Ah, ok that explains it :-)

I don't have the LRT filters in Lightroom as you do in your tutorial video.
I'm quit new to Lightroom, so please excuse me for asking, but do I have to manually create these filters? Or is there still some plugin I need to run (installed using the .dmg file for mac)

Thanks for your help!
#5 Allright
Thanks Gunther,

But when I press the Holy Grail wizard, my yellow line stays flat, it doesn't become the inverse of the blue one.

Also, I don't get the cyan cloud, you do get in your tutorial.
Is this all due to working with JPEGS'? of is GoPro not outputting sufficiënt data in the exif files to work with (there is no aperture for instance)

Regards
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#6 Gunther
That's because you don't have any keyframes. The Holy Grail Workflow ist not for sequences shot in Automatic Exposure mode (GOPRO), only for sequences shot in M with manual corrections of Shutterspeed/ISO.
Please use the deflicker workflow for your GoPro sequences.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: