• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DNGConverter_12_1.exe unknown publisher

#11 daveyjoneslocker
Running Windows 10 Home v.1903 and I'm not seeing any issues as well. Adobe states: 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or Windows 10 (version 1703 or later).

In the last window with error message you posted, can you click on the Certification Path tab? There should be three entries listed and I'm curious if the Root certificate may be missing. I have included a screenshot for reference.

Also, when you attempt to install the application, what is the error message you are presented with? It is not recommended to run an application from an unknown publisher but I am curious about the message you receive when trying to install the DNG Converter. I've seen errors under the Windows User Account Control but usually, there is an option to install anyway.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#12 david4x
Thanks for your input. I can’t understand it either. It’s difficult to send info at the moment. Just on my phone but I remotely checked the certificate path and each step says it is ok so I will add the screen shot. Only difference with yours is first line is abbreviated to just DigiCert

I should have also added two other shots showing the issue and one from a previous version 11.3 which was ok
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#13 david4x
Forgot to add the UAC responses see attached
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#14 Gunther
One thing that could cause such effects would be a date/time setting on the computer that is off by some months/years. In that case the computer would recognize the certificate as expired. Please double check the Date/Time setting on your computer.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#15 david4x
Yes good point but that was not the reason. In discussions again with Adobe will see how this one goes
#16 daveyjoneslocker
It is rather odd indeed. The one difference I see on my machine is that the timestamp signature is trusted. So if your certificate path under the timestamp signature is valid, it is very odd. I believe the timestamp roots are also delivered via Windows Root Update and it would be unlikely Root Update is disabled. I've seen that on some Windows servers but rare on desktops. I hope Adobe is able to assist in your discussions with them.

There are specific error messages returned for situations where a digital signature or parts within it are not trusted but didn't have much luck with, "the digital signature of the object did not verify." Everything must be signed under SHA-2 algorithm under Windows 10 and it appears to be the case.

Just curious about the message from UAC...it has an option to install anyway. I don't suggest to proceed with the installation for security purposes but if you have tried to do this did it still not install? I recall seeing some issues with this under a group policy where only specific Administrator rights are allowed and the message that appears mentions that. There should also be ways to unblock a specific app and I think disable UAC entirely. Not a specific suggestion but added information for reference.
#17 david4x
Thanks again. My windows updates are current and certificate path unmodified (version 11.3 validated ok). The signature appears to be the issue for sure so I won’t bypass UAC in case the download has been hijacked. However, from Gwegner’s recent experience he was able to download a good version, although they must use mirror download servers (I am in Australia) and that could be the only reason for it I can think of. Waiting on Adobe again and maybe I will try to push up my download to help them other than all the screen shots I have sent...
#18 Gunther
If you send me an email, I can send you the install file that works for me via Dropbox. That way you could test if it's any mirror issue.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#19 david4x
Thanks Gwegner, will do much appreciated. Adobe have told me to override the windows protections and install anyway which is incredible given the signature does not validate so I am still having a debate with them....
#20 david4x
Thanks Gunther, your file verified ok so I can use this but will continue to work it out with Adobe - waiting for a call.

Attached are the screen shots of yours and mine for reference...
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

...also check out: