• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ignore middle keyframe when cropping

#1 Gilean
Hi all, (first post)

Is it possible to ignore the middle (or several middle) keyframes when using the crop function.
I want a Ken Burns from beginning to end. If I crop the first image (/keyframe) and the last, of course the crop (/Ken Burns effect) wil start at the middle keyframe (or the one closest to the last).
Guestemating what the crop should be for the middle keyframe(s) is a bit hard.

Am I not getting something?

(Searched the forum, couldn't find the answer)

Thanks,
Gilean.
#2 Raw Media Studios
(2012-04-09, 12:53)Gilean Wrote: Hi all, (first post)

Is it possible to ignore the middle (or several middle) keyframes when using the crop function.
I want a Ken Burns from beginning to end. If I crop the first image (/keyframe) and the last, of course the crop (/Ken Burns effect) wil start at the middle keyframe (or the one closest to the last).

Thanks,
Gilean.

I'm confused by your question. If you are looking for a Ken Burns effect throughout your sequence why are you talking about middle keyframes? I think your perhaps missing a step.

Have you watched this video from Gunther? http://vimeo.com/26083323

If you don't find your solution in the video give me some more details about what exactly you are trying to achieve and I'll see if I can come up with a solution.

RMS
#3 Ryan Parle
(2012-04-09, 12:53)Gilean Wrote: Hi all, (first post)

Thanks,
Gilean.

1. set keyframes for exposure jumps & save metadata.
2. load metadata in LR & adjust exposure of these keyframes to tidy up the jumps. you can also make colour adjustments here as well but personally i prefer to do it later. Save metadata in LR
3. back to LRT & reload metadata & hit "Auto(keyframes)" button to let LRT blend the values. Now set the keyframes that will be relevant to the crop (eg: start & end of panning or any changes in direction. Save metadata.
4. Load metadata in LR, edit the crops & save metadata.
5. reload metadata in LRT and hit the auto keyframes button again. Save metadata
6. load metadata in LR and you are ready to render.

I simply add another pass in LRT to edit the colour balance & the gradients. this can be done in the first pass, but i find i get smoother changes if i do it later

Hope that helps.

...also check out: