• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4K video freezes

#1 HYLiu
When I play 4K videos after rendering the 4K video plays only for couple of seconds and then freezes.
But when I render 1080p I do not have this issue.
I view my vids with VLC 2.0.8

any ideas what causes this issue?

thank you in advance.
#2 Gunther
That 4K videos are for post processing, most of the computers cannot play them directly because of the high bit rates.
Use smaller Resolution or lower quality if you want to play it - or a computer that is way faster... :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 HYLiu
(2013-11-13, 19:56)gwegner Wrote: That 4K videos are for post processing, most of the computers cannot play them directly because of the high bit rates.
Use smaller Resolution or lower quality if you want to play it - or a computer that is way faster... :-)

Thanks for your reply.
What do you mean for post processing?
when I play other 4K vids I have no issue?
#4 Gunther
Normally you would use this 4K-file for cutting in video editors, add music etc. and then export in lower bit rates for consumer watching. They have very high bit rates to leave room for post processing.
It's the same with photos: you wouldn't try to view Raw files from your camera on you TV - you would first convert the to JPG.
#5 HYLiu
(2013-11-13, 21:47)gwegner Wrote: Normally you would use this 4K-file for cutting in video editors, add music etc. and then export in lower bit rates for consumer watching. They have very high bit rates to leave room for post processing.
It's the same with photos: you wouldn't try to view Raw files from your camera on you TV - you would first convert the to JPG.

Thanks Gunther,
what specific post editing video SW are you referring to? What are you using?

as for the 4K video freeze; I've rendered some 4K in the old fashion way with Lightroom 4, and have no issues at all. Could this be a small bug in LRT3.x?

if you want I can wetransfer the files.

regards
#6 Gunther
I use Premiere Pro for post processing. But premiere elements will do as well.
If you have trouble playing the 4K video, try rendering in 24 or 25 fps. 4K with 30fps will switch to MP4 Level 5.2 - not all players are able to play Mp4 with level 5.2. In LRT 3.2.1 you will get a message in the render dialog telling you this.
#7 HYLiu
(2013-11-15, 14:43)gwegner Wrote: I use Premiere Pro for post processing. But premiere elements will do as well.
If you have trouble playing the 4K video, try rendering in 24 or 25 fps. 4K with 30fps will switch to MP4 Level 5.2 - not all players are able to play Mp4 with level 5.2. In LRT 3.2.1 you will get a message in the render dialog telling you this.

Also using premier Pro and others.
Im rendering currently most in 24 or 25fps 4K vids H2.64

I found out more information comparing LRT vs LR4.0 rendering;
using identical high res files for rendering;
LRT algorithm encoding size; 767MB,(!) bit transerrate; 357513kbps vid freezes after 1 sec in 4K
LR 4.0 algorithm encoding size; 133MB,(..) bit transerrate; 62387kbps vid runs normally in 4K
#8 Gunther
Again: use a lower quality setting in LRT export to get smaller files.
#9 HYLiu
(2013-11-16, 18:33)gwegner Wrote: Again: use a lower quality setting in LRT export to get smaller files.
yes, thank you.
#10 gijoe50000
I had the exactly the same problem. I tried messing with codec, buffer, D3D settings and nothing worked until I turned off sharpen in effects and filters. Now 4K plays perfect..

...also check out: