• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5.6.1 and 5.6.2 on Mac messes up xmp files

Exclamation
#1 timoksanen
After the 5.6.1 update I have not been able to use LRTimelapse on mac. Don't remember if I had 5.6 installed, but on 5.5.x I had no issues.

This same problem occurred after one update in October 2020 as well. After reading the changes LRT has made in LR, a black exclamation mark (!) is shown in all files and error message "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo."

Should have posted this after 5.6.1, but I just uninstalled it and reverted to 5.4. Was hopeful that 5.6.2 would have fixed it, but no. Back to 5.4 again. Sad

I have 16" mbp with Big Sur 11.5.2.
#2 Gunther
I think this might be the same issue as discussed here https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrc...4#pid49414
Most likely you deleted one or more of the predefined gradients when editing the keyframes. Please check and let me know.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 timoksanen
I think I added all the masks before opening in LRTimelapse, there was probably only 3 gradients. That works fine with the older version, rather not reinstall 5.6.2 again as 5.4 works.
#4 Gunther
You need to do the workflow as intended. Start in LRTimelapse to properly initialize the metadata.
Then add the sequence to Lightroom, edit the keyframes and take care not to change the number of gradients.
This has always been like that.

I've always said that if you start your workflow in Lightroom instead, without LRTimelapse's initialization you'll get a rather undefined situation which could go wrong.
5.4 is outdated and out of support.
#5 Gunther
LRTimelapse 5.6.3 beta 1 should fix the issue with corrupt metadata. Please try and let me know.
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt...6-3-beta-1

...also check out: