• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Added features for Long Term Timelapse Filter

#1 Olivia
Hi Gunther,

I predominately use LRTimelapse for long term timelapse and wondered if you'd ever thought of the following additions.

Being able to select every 2nd, 3rd or 4th etc image. Sometimes I've run all the filters and got them as low as possible, but I still have too many images and I'd like to cull every 4th image, or every 2nd image to thin it out, rather than risking big chunks being culled through using the Lum/Hue/Contrast filters.

A feature where the user identifies an Ideal image ( or maybe multiple) and then LRTL finds all the images that "look the same". I guess a more AI way of finding the same looking images, rather than the Lum/Hue/Contrast filters which can be a little clunky with images taken over such large timeframes at relatively long time periods (10 mins) but this is long in Timelapse terms.

Thanks in advance. Big Grin
#2 Gunther
Your first request is already there, just go to edit / select every nth - will do exactly what you need!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Olivia
Oh amazing, I wish I'd known that sooner. Thanks Gunther.
#4 Cymro
see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkOciZOg9Us I think this is the most recent long term tutorial, although 4 years ago seems a long time ? If there is a V6 tutorial I can't find it :-)
#5 Gunther
There is no newer one, didn't feel like I could add a lot to it, of course there a some new filters like Day of Week but otherwise not much changed in the way the long term filters work. If you have any special questions, let me know! Will see if I can do a new tutorial one day.
#6 Olivia
Hi Gunther,

I'm unsure how to use the Select every nth tool. What does n distance and m offset mean? I'm not sure what to input. If I want to remove every 2nd photo, what would I input into the distance box and the offset box?
#7 Gunther
For example if you set 2 as the distance n, it will select every 2nd photo. 3 would select every third.
The offset m is which image it should select.

Example: you set the distance of 3
Now an offset of 0 would select the images 1, 4, 7, 10 etc.
An offset of 1 would select 2, 5, 8, 11 etc.
and an offset of 2 would select 3 , 6, 9, 12 etc.

With a distance of 2:
Offset 0 would select 1, 3, 5, 7, ...
Offset 1 would select 2, 4, 6, 8, ...

...also check out: