• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Copy and paste settings from a timelapse

#1 Remy
Hello!

I've recently bought a enlaps tikee pro 3.
It's a timelapse device with dual camera's for a very wide view.
They have online software that generates stitched timelapses from the two camera's, but only from JPG's...

I can download the images in DNG and stitch them in PTGui, but then i cannot use the dng capabilities.

I have a left and a right image (DNG) that are taken at the exact same time with the exact same settings.
If i create a timelapse from only one side in LRtimelapse, the results are WAY better than their online software makes...

Is it possible to copy the settings from an entire timelapse to another (exactly the same, but then from the other lens) timelapse?
I can now copy 1 row of settings, but not the entire project settings of all images. It would be a sort of "batch-clone-settings"...

If this was possible, i could copy and paste the settings from the left images to the right images and get perfect, already deflickered and graded images.
Then i could export these and batch-stitch them in ptgui.

I hope you understand what i mean! Smile

Remy
#2 Gunther
Update: in 6.5+ there is now a feature Metadata/Copy-Paste Metadata (Full Sequence) which does exactly this.

--
Currently that's not possible - but as a work around, you could use the snapshot feature, if your files have the same filename. If not, rename the file in both folders, so that they have the same name, like 00001.dng 00002.dng etc.

Then edit the first sequence, create a snapshot.
Right click on "show file in explorer" - navigate to the hidden .lrt folder inside the images folder. Go to the subfolder snapshots, copy the whole folder that has the snapshot name.

Navigate to the second sequence, subfolder .lrt, create a subfolder snapshots and copy the folder with the snapshot there.
Now in LRT, load the second folder, Snapshots / Load snapshot and load the snapshot.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Rudni914
Hi Gunther!
Is there still no other alternative for this? Is this the only solution that exists so far?
Thanks
#4 Rudni914
Hi Remy,
I am thinking to buy a Tikee camera too in a few days.
Is this still your workflow?
Is it easy to stitch the two sides on ptgui? Any advice? Do you have a template to use for this in a way to match it right perfectly?

Thanks
Question
#5 Mac Doktor
Regarding stitching I have the same question. The last version of AutopanoGiga added Tikee support. Then GoPro bought Kolor to get their video stitcher and cancelled development of everything else. They even deleted the forums which are NOT on archive dot org. So much for support.

Don't get me started on Enlaps. The Tikee is useless for the cloud timelapses I was hoping to shoot and they hid a lot of shortcomings and gotchas from us long after the Kickstarter ended. I snagged the Super Early Bird option on Kickstarter and I can't sell it for anywhere near that bargain price. 8/
#6 Gunther
Anyone could provide me a sample of such a "stereo" sequence? Like 50 images left and the corresponding 50 images from the right camera in two folders. Please zip and send via wetransfer or fromsmash to support@lrtimelapse.com
Thanks!
#7 Gunther
It's always funny when people urgently request something and then don't answer anymore.
Anyway: there already was a feature to copy/paste the whole XMP set from one sequence to another. It was broken in 6.3 but it should work again in 6.4.0 beta. Please check it out, and, it it's not too much to as, give me some feedback. I'm really trying to help, even with special requests. But of course, I need some input. I'd still like to have those sample sequences.
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt...4-0-beta-1
Sad
#8 Mac Doktor
I'd send you some sample images but unfortunately I don't have any that are suitable. One of the drawbacks to the Tikee is the blind spot between the cameras. There can't be anything visible in the frame that's less than 5m from it because it's impossible to stitch the images. It also has to be perfectly level. Their online stitching service requires a flat horizon.

The upshot of all this is that it has to be at least 3 or 4m off the ground and my tripod doesn't reach that high! So much for the cloud timelapses I wanted to shoot. None of this was mentioned during or for a long time after the Kickstarter. 8/
#9 fnachtwey
Hello all,

I became aware of the Tikee Pro a few days ago and find the camera very exciting for long-term projects. The only thing I don't like is the very expensive subscription model for editing and since I have been using LRTimelapse for a long time, I'm curious to see what happens here. Can you Mac Doktor or someone else here provide some DNG files (right and left) for download? I would also like to do some experiments with the shots. I would also be happy to exchange experiences. I would like to shoot a longer construction project with the camera.

Kind regards
#10 JanneHoo
Hello, i have tikee 3 and havent yet built any proper timelapses since its now filming construction site. I am considering to use LRtimelapse as alternative of tikees webservice. IF someone wants to test how pictures work here is short demo timelapse i made before installing camera to construction site.

https://jhdrone.kuvat.fi/i/37zPTUNd8pfJg...tQWFnBCeha

...also check out: