• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed
#1 TonyC
I cut the cord to all Adobe apps - overpriced and subscription based nonsense. There are many free or low cost alternatives to Lightroom and Photoshop (Darktable and Gimp). So I guess I won't be able to use LRTimelapse to its fullest capability.
#2 Gunther
I disagree because I think with the photography plan you get a lot of bang for your buck. Alone Lightroom Classic + Photoshop for less than 10 US$ a month (there are frequent discounts on amazon for example) is a bargain for the best raw converter available.
But anyway, it's your decision.
If you don't license Lightroom Classic, you can still use the internal workflow in LRTimelapse (see the tutorial about this on the tutorials page) but not the full editing capabilities that Lightroom offers.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 TonyC
This professional photographer did it . He cut the Adobe cord. Even though he could afford the $600+ annual subscription. I am not a pro. I cannot justify these Adobe subscriptions.
#4 Gunther
Sorry, but that's nonsense. You are in a LRTimelapse Forum and all LRTimelapse requires is Lightroom Classic (and the Adobe DNG Converter, but that's free).
I already told you that the Photography Subscription which includes Lightroom Classic and even Photoshop costs 9,99 US$ a months. This is less than 120 US$ a year. And those are the official prices from Adobe.
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/phot...plans.html

Usually several times a year there are Black Friday etc. offers at Amazon.com where you can get it even cheaper, you can then "load up" your account for one or more years and only pay 80 or 90 bucks a year.

If you now tell me that this is too expensive for what you get, then maybe you should find another hobby.

None of the other products of the bigger Adobe subscriptions are required for Photo and Timelapse editing.
Video Editing works perfectly with Davinci Resolve, in my opinion much better than Premiere Pro.

This is my last statement regarding this and honestly I don't want that discussion here.
If you want LRTimelapse without Lightroom, you can use the internal workflow with the restrictions.
There is no other alternative.
I'm closing this thread now.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: