• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AE doesn't seem to see the updated XMP from LRT.

#1 Astro
Hi Gunther,

Upgraded to 6.5.5. Now my AE(older version)doesn't seem to see the updated XMP files. It looks like LRT rewrites the XMP at every step, is this true?
Older versions of LRT worked no problem with my workflow. Any thoughts? Using DNG files

Thanks
#2 Gunther
Adobe changed the XMP format a time ago when they introduced masks.
You can set the Masks Setting to 1.0 in the LRTimelapse Settings, to stay with the old format, but then you would also need to use an old Adobe Camera Raw and/or Lightroom that still works with the old gradients instead of the newer masks.
I'd really recommend you upgrade your AE to the latest that's the way I test and officially support. The old "Masks 1.0" might work but they are not tested anymore and not officially supported anymore.

Another option would be to not use AE for the XMP developement at all. I'd recommend you use the LRTimelapse workflow, export a TIFF or JPG sequence from Lightroom via LRTExport and then bring this intermediary sequence to AE, as I explained in my Expert Tips Tutorial #10: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Astro
Hey Gunther, thanks for the fix. That was the issue. I wouldn't mind upgrading AE but I don't like their subscription model. Still using the version I ownSmile-works for what I do and Adobe isn't spying on what I do!
#4 Gunther
Glad we figured that out
Quote:works for what I do
obviously not... :-)

Quote:and Adobe isn't spying on what I do
Sorry, but this is nonsense.
AE in the latest version is the same stand alone application that it always was. Nothing changed in this regard.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: