• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

After Effects 2020 Raw Image Sequence export - very low hardware utilisation

Video
#1 Kornel Flint
Hi,

I recently acquired a new quite powerful pc, (12 core 3.7ghz Ryzen 5900x, Rtx 3700, 32gb ram, nvme ssd and sata ssd's for cache). To my disappointment I found that for exporting Raw Image sequences (22mp sony raw images) from AE or Media Encoder (6s per frame) it is barely using any of the resources (5-20% cpu utilisation, gpu 0%, ram up to 50%-75%) the fan's don't even ramp up from idle during exports.
I'm used to a full resolution ProRes LT workflow, no effects, stabilisation, or lumetri applied, tried different export settings and codecs but with the same result.

Any suggestions? I remember in the past that I could get quite close to 100% on previous AE versions so this seems a bit odd and annoying.
#2 Gunther
AE is known for not utilizing multiple processor cores. Therefore that's rather a question for the adobe forums.
Why don't you use LRTimelapse for rendering? It should be faster, deluve at least the same quality and the whole LRTimelapse workflow is streamlined to that (for reasons... )

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Kornel Flint
Ok, just thought someone has found a solution to that that I'm missing. To be honest the Tiff image sequence workflow is a bit to messy for my liking, I'd rather just setup a few shots in a queue and don't worry about multiple steps and deleting temporary files afterwards
#4 Gunther
If you mean the intermediary sequences: most people including me keep them for easy rerendering. But if you dint want them, just check the option in the render dialog to delete them automatically after rendering, no problem.
It's the faster and easier option, maybe you should check it out once again.

Also check my tutorial about batch processing if multiple sequences this will allow you to prepare a bunch of sequences and export and render them in one batch all together. You'll find that tutorial in the tutorials section under advanced.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: