• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

After my develope settings LRTL sees all my "reloads" of meta, but LR4 does not Read

#1 bbkupko
Ok, So I am pulling my freaking hair out with this ! I have followed all the work flow steps 10 times and each time it seems that after I develop my "key frame" images then LRTL seems to read the new metadata, but when I go back to LR4 it only reads partial metadata? I have been playing with Gunter's ideas of split-toning/ split WB the grad filters for a top grad and lower grad ( like he shows in his first tutorial ) Looks like LR4 is seeing some of 80% of the metadata, but my grad settings are not coping over? I tried a quick test, just to make sure that it LR4 was re-rendering the new auto transition metadata ( I changed the WB drastically, as a quick visual thing--and that seemed to copy just fine--I changed every thing to either a very green or very red look and LR4 seemed to copy the images before or after my "keyframes", but when I do a more NORMAL WB and CC on my images w/ grads LR4 does not seem to copy all the metadata over. The best way I can describe it would be a photo or screen shot of how my "key frames" look different to all the rest. The only thing I can do is to delete each key frame from the sequence? ---Its a "LRTL/ LR4" keyframe issue somehow?

Sorry, but its so frustrating that I'm about to loose all faith in the program itself and demand a refund !!@#$$%^^&**()) Sad
#2 Gunther
Hi, sorry to say that but you must be doing something wrong. Please note that when you make graident-adjustments you have to use the two gradients LRTimelapse creates when initializing! Other ones besides that two won't get animated.
Please make sure after completing the first line of buttons in LRT you go to Lightroom, clear any filter and read in the metadata for all files. Now every file should have 2 "empty" gradients applied. Use those to make changes on the key frames!

Don't forget to save metadata before going back to LRTimelapse - there proceed with the 2nd line of buttons.
Please note that the preview in LRTimelapse will not update!

I hope you can sort it out. If you have further issues please let me know!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bbkupko
Gewgner,

Thanks for the quick response. I have meticulously followed all the steps several times step by step while watching your tutorials. I have done all that you mentioned--I think? I'm a bit confused by your statements of :

You:
"Please note that when you make gradient-adjustments you have to use the two gradients LRTimelapse creates when initializing! Other ones besides that two won't get animated.

Me:
What do you mean by gradient that LRTimelapse creates? I create the grads in LR4--not LRTL? Specifically I used the "Key Frame Wizard" and it created 3 key frames so I have three key frames ( filtered by 1 star) that I developed ( drastic changes between each--just to push how much I can creatively do) So after I develop all three key frames --Then I select all ( all three key frames) then I "Save the Metadata", Then I go back to LRTL and "RELOAD" the develop settings---I see that all 3 of my key frames have new metadata, then I do the "Auto Trans" and I see that all the numbers appear to change for each frame ( looks like by the #'s its's working) I then do the "de-flicker" and than "Save XMP". HOWEVER, when I go back to LR4 and take off the filter and then I "SELECT ALL" and READ the new Meta Data --THE ONLY METADATA THAT READS IS EVERYTHING BUT THE GRADS SETTINGS? . Why would it read my "BASE" develop settings but not grads? Why would it read all the EXTREME white balance ( very red or very green tests) , but when I do normal WB settings it does not read/ apply those new settings to each photo. In the end I took out my 3 keyframes 1st, middle and last frame and the shot was fine.

Also confused by this statement:

You:
"Now every file should have 2 "empty" gradients applied. Use those to make changes on the key frames!

Me:
What do you mean EMPTY? My three developed key frames are not empty? Yes all other frames are empty of the new settings --until I "Reload" and "Auto Trans" them.

May be I am missing a step somewhere, but I don't think so? Can you write out a text Step by Step and include WB and Grad adjust/ developments. If you send me an email --I could send you photos of the frames and you'll see how "Base" settings seem top copy over to each file, but not the grads? my email is bryankupko@gmail.com.

Thanks so much for your time and patients ( love your work btw)

Bryan B. Kupko
#4 Gunther
Quote:"Please note that when you make gradient-adjustments you have to use the two gradients LRTimelapse creates when initializing! Other ones besides that two won't get animated.
LRTimelapse creates 2 pre defined gradients for every image/key frame. You must use those! If you create new gradients on your own the won't get animated.

After initializing in LRTimelapse load metadata in Lightroom and then hit "M". This will show you the predefined gradients (2 Dots, if you click on each of them you'll see they have no adjustments but they are gradients. Just modify those two instead of creating new ones).

Quote:THE ONLY METADATA THAT READS IS EVERYTHING BUT THE GRADS SETTINGS?
This is because you didn't use the predefined gradients.
#5 bbkupko
OH WOW!!! I was wondering why those two dots were poping up ? and where they came from !! You should have mentioed about those in you tutorial !! Wink Thank you Sir Wink

(2012-12-15, 23:00)gwegner Wrote:
Quote:"Please note that when you make gradient-adjustments you have to use the two gradients LRTimelapse creates when initializing! Other ones besides that two won't get animated.
LRTimelapse creates 2 pre defined gradients for every image/key frame. You must use those! If you create new gradients on your own the won't get animated.

After initializing in LRTimelapse load metadata in Lightroom and then hit "M". This will show you the predefined gradients (2 Dots, if you click on each of them you'll see they have no adjustments but they are gradients. Just modify those two instead of creating new ones).

Quote:THE ONLY METADATA THAT READS IS EVERYTHING BUT THE GRADS SETTINGS?
This is because you didn't use the predefined gradients.
#6 Gunther
(2012-12-16, 00:39)bbkupko Wrote: OH WOW!!! I was wondering why those two dots were poping up ? and where they came from !! You should have mentioed about those in you tutorial !! Wink Thank you Sir Wink
Glad we finally sorted that out! :-)

...also check out: